• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree's high grade DC sale in January

7 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

Did they have a reserve? How many were there?

I think they have reserves on some stuff but they sell a fair number of the lots.  I have watched the Batman's on multiple auctions sell.  Prices seem to go up each auction.  It is definitely possible all sells are 100% real but it is odd the books never seem to find a permanent home.

20 hours ago, batman_fan said:
On 12/5/2018 at 12:21 PM, WoWitHurts said:

Did they have a reserve? How many were there?

I think they have reserves on some stuff but they sell a fair number of the lots.  I have watched the Batman's on multiple auctions sell.  Prices seem to go up each auction.  It is definitely possible all sells are 100% real but it is odd the books never seem to find a permanent home.

Sounds as though it would depend on your definition of "sell" when it comes to Pedigree.  :devil:

Personally, I would never ever consider conducting any kind of business with Pedigree, especially when Doug himself couldn't trust his own auction site enough to use it when it came time to sell his own Marvel collection a few years ago.  :facepalm:

On 12/6/2018 at 5:33 PM, lou_fine said:

Personally, I would never ever consider conducting any kind of business with Pedigree, especially when Doug himself couldn't trust his own auction site enough to use it when it came time to sell his own Marvel collection a few years ago.

I think it was that Doug couldn't trust himself with the money he would get from selling the collection. If you will steal from little old ladies, everything else is easy.

On 12/6/2018 at 5:33 PM, lou_fine said:

Sounds as though it would depend on your definition of "sell" when it comes to Pedigree.  :devil:

Personally, I would never ever consider conducting any kind of business with Pedigree, especially when Doug himself couldn't trust his own auction site enough to use it when it came time to sell his own Marvel collection a few years ago.  :facepalm:

He probably didn't sell on his own site because it would be or at least appear unethical to do so. He did the absolute right thing & you are acting like he didn't. It is same reason CGC employees aren't allowed to grade their own comics.