• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #20 - Grade Is In!
1 1

33 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Here are some recent sales from ComicLink:

http://www.comiclink.com/search.asp?where=sell&title=spider-man+%2320&GO2=GO&ItemType=CB

Amazing Spider-Man #20 6.0 - $449

Amazing Spider-Man #20 6.0 - $525

Amazing Spider-Man #20 5.0 - $415

Amazing Spider-Man #20 5.0 - $356

Note, these are actual concluded sales at ComicLink, not asking prices. I think the numbers from GPAnalysis seem high in comparison.

Joe Ankenbauer

So first you look up the wrong book, and say GPA is too low... then you look up the RIGHT book and say GPA is too high. LOL... 

Look, choose whatever means you wish to guesstimate value of a book. But GPA goes off sales, and sales is the best way to figure out what your book is worth. And it could be worth more to one guy this month than it is to another next month, or vice versa.

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

So first you look up the wrong book, and say GPA is too low... then you look up the RIGHT book and say GPA is too high. LOL... 

Look, choose whatever means you wish to guesstimate value of a book. But GPA goes off sales, and sales is the best way to figure out what your book is worth. And it could be worth more to one guy this month than it is to another next month, or vice versa.

As I posted earlier, you were absolutely correct about my mistake. I fixed my original post as soon as I saw your post. And, as you stated, it's best to go off sales, which you can find on GPAnalysis and from ComicLink.

Joe Ankenbauer

I keep track of eBay sales three times a year (April/August/December) for some of the books I own and have been doing this for four years.

My Raw ASM 20 is a VG/FN 5.0 and the average eBay selling price at auction (minimum of 5 bidders with a $0 - .99 cent starting price) for this book in this grade in 2018 was...

$199.00

2017 - $145.00, 

2016 - $103.00

2015 - $105.00

On 12/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

If it's a 5.0 which it may come back as it's worth like 175.00    So why not slab it. I think that  it's about the cut-off for slabbing. Everyone has a different price point on slabbing. At what price level do u consider certifying ? What say ye fellow board members ?

If i can sell a book on EBAY for $20 raw and i believe the book is say 9.6  or 9.8, and can get 80 or more slabbed then i'll slab it. I didn't hold onto a book for 30 years unread to give it away . Now my case might  be  different because i have  a great many books that fit that. criteria.