• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade IN - FF#1

29 posts in this topic

At this grade range the "8" makes little to no difference in the presence of the approx 3" cover tear, the heavy accumulation of long color breaking creases, chipping, staining and general wear.  If the "8" were removed somehow, it would improve the appearance but not affect the actual grade.  Conversely, you could probably draw another similar "8" on the cover and it would receive the exact same grade (not recommended of course!).  Still a great book!

Edited by davet75

anybody know what The Market is for a FF1 in this condition?

I know theres site out there that tell how much, and how many books sold recently in certain conditions?

anybody have access to the site that shows what recent FF 1's in 1.5 to 2.0 condition have been selling for?

PS, 1.5 to 2.0 or Not....OP nice book....I'd LOVE this book like it was a 9.0 if I had it....when I got my collection, My Fantastic Four was the least complete of all my favorite sets, I only have 6 and 9 from 1 to 10....so FF 1 to 5 have always been on the old "wishlist"...

I first got addicted to comics in 2006...sometime in 2007, I went to ebay and started looking up all the Major Keys...

Back then I ran across many FF #1's in 3.0 to 4.0 range between 1000 and 2000 dollars...I always remembered thinking I'll get me 1...

fast forward to 2013, when my grandfather died and I inherited my collection and heavily got back into comics...now I go to ebay...FF1 is pretty much untouchable ....

point is...your book may be low grade to some...to me,again  I'd love it like a 9.0

17 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

anybody know what The Market is for a FF1 in this condition?

I know theres site out there that tell how much, and how many books sold recently in certain conditions?

anybody have access to the site that shows what recent FF 1's in 1.5 to 2.0 condition have been selling for?

In the 1.8-2.0 range you're looking at $4500 to about $7000 depending on the grade.

Your welcome.

10 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

should got one in 2007.............

Should have bought 10 in 2007.  1.8s were around $1k back then.

Of the major marvel key issues I've got nice mid to high grade of all of them except FF1.  I only have a 3.0.  I had a 5.0 and let it go about 10 years ago.  Bad bad bad.

Edited by gadzukes

12 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

1.5      Overstreet from 1 year ago lists a 2.0 at 2,300.00   I guess these Overstreet  Prices r just irrelevant  ......i know u need to go off recent sales but what role does Overstreet play ?

I haven't used OPG for valuing comics in years, but it still has lots of good info (as do these boards).  I try to grab a used one every couple of years.