• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 COMPLETE Coverless NG on Ebay No reserve!

57 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

An unrestored coverless copy missing 5 wraps (one being the centerfold), with all of them replaced by color copies just sold for $18,100 in a Comicconnect auction. This is pretty much the exact same kind of copy, except has resto. So I'll be surprised if this one even breaks $20K, and the fact it's even at $14K with 5 days remaining is impressive to me. Waayyyy overestimating at $50K.

:preach:

1 hour ago, Frank Mozz said:

Hi I have to disagree this not the same thing as the recent CC book imo, the big difference being this example has all the Original BATMAN pages and that in my mind changes the value significantly from your cited example, Chicago Boy pointed out the same thing and I think we both agree the move was to sell just the BM pages and then any other original non BM pages separately.

Batman story is everything. Just to find a piece of a original copy of Detective 27 is Huge :headbang: But to find the Batman pages is worth 20k alone IMO.

1 hour ago, Frank Mozz said:

Hi I have to disagree this not the same thing as the recent CC book imo, the big difference being this example has all the Original BATMAN pages and that in my mind changes the value significantly from your cited example, Chicago Boy pointed out the same thing and I think we both agree the move was to sell just the BM pages and then any other original non BM pages separately.

Yep you’re right. I take back my previous statement. Didn’t see that the Batman story was complete. I’ll say $30K tops now.

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

CHICKEN DINNA!!!

30 is reasonable based on the last public sale of 41k for a coverless missing a CF that had poor eye appeal. That being said we are talking about a chance at a coverless Tec 27 with the Bats story.—it wouldn’t surprise me if it did better —Resto or not.  I’d like to see what the front and last page look like personally. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

31 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

30 is reasonable based on the last public sale of 41k for a coverless missing a CF that had poor eye appeal. That being said we are talking about a chance at a coverless Tec 27 with the Bats story.—it wouldn’t surprise me if it did better —Resto or not.  I’d like to see what the front and last page look like personally. 

Wow you have one already :whistle:

9 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Maybe it will surprise everyone and reach upwards of 50 🤗

After thinking about it a few days & getting some input here. I think 25/30 will be close to the final the hammer. However, 40/50 would have been a possibility with all the original Batman pages being there imo this book has that potential in the right setting ( they never come up complete anymore). But my personal take is this book is just being sold all wrong, I mean I think its fair to assume at the very least your going to lose a few potential buyers due to the holiday being so close, & while the repro cover is nice to look at the seller should have gotten or posted pre CGC pics of what the buyer was actually bidding on (  when posting a book with 50k potential I think that's fair lol) However the resto is the big curveball on this one as I don't know how much of an impact this will be on the book. Now with all that being said if it does 25/30 someone is getting a darn good deal! I mean look at it this way the Batman pages are much harder to find than say a 3.5/4.0 AF 15  or HULK 181 9.8 and at this point, the only chance most Batman collectors would have at getting a decent shot at a true mega grail. Anyway should be fun to watch and if I didn't have one I would be selling my AF 15 and 181 as I can get them back any day of the week.

Edited by Frank Mozz

5 hours ago, Greenlake said:

I'm not a buyer at this level, but I do buy coverless GA books on occasion and I can't imagine bidding anywhere near market price for a book with a photocopy hiding what I'm actually paying for.

I think your  100% right with that one, but if this book does under 40k a few years from now we will all be wishing we jumped in.

Edited by Frank Mozz

11 hours ago, Greenlake said:

I'm not a buyer at this level, but I do buy coverless GA books on occasion and I can't imagine bidding anywhere near market price for a book with a photocopy hiding what I'm actually paying for.

God I hope you're not the standard buyer with that mindset haha. My Superman 1 is selling in the Comiclink auction in February and has a re-pro cover.

Edited by LDarkseid1

15 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yep you’re right. I take back my previous statement. Didn’t see that the Batman story was complete. I’ll say $30K tops now.

Thanks for posting this.   I read this thread earlier as I sometimes do when avoiding work.   And your previous post distracted me when I tried to resume work, as I found myself thinking "man, sometimes this hobby is absolutely nuts."   Now I can stop thinking that and find another reason to procrastinate.  

5 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Thanks for posting this.   I read this thread earlier as I sometimes do when avoiding work.   And your previous post distracted me when I tried to resume work, as I found myself thinking "man, sometimes this hobby is absolutely nuts."   Now I can stop thinking that and find another reason to procrastinate.  

No problem :)

3 minutes ago, bluechip said:

@bluechip I new it was you.Huraaaaaa-Acorn-ice-age-scrat-and-scratte-9923661-500-281.jpg.0c4b0608a18bf58da96225d2c971272f.jpg

13 hours ago, Greenlake said:

I'd crack it out.

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

God I hope you're not the standard buyer with that mindset haha. My Superman 1 is selling in the Comiclink auction in February and has a re-pro cover.

Based on what I see at auction for coverless books, I think there are plenty of buyers who aren't like me. I'm not looking for perfection, but the condition of a coverless copy is very important to me. If I'm buying coverless, it's my copy I plan on keeping long-term and reading from time to time. I want to know if the outer wrap looks good or is in tatters, if I can safely read it, if there's any moisture related damage, etcetera, and CGC notes are not comprehensive. I think to many other buyers coverless is a single grade with few, if any, significant differences between copies.

Edited by Greenlake

Just now, Greenlake said:

Based on what I see at auction for coverless books, I think there are plenty of buyers who aren't like me. I'm not looking for perfection, but the condition of a coverless copy is very important to me. If I'm buying coverless, it's my copy I plan on keeping long-term and reading from time to time. I want to know if the outer wrap looks good or is in tatters, if I can safely read it, if there's any moisture related damage, etcetera, and notes are not comprehensive. I think to many other buyers coverless is a single grade with few, if any, significant differences between copies.

Fair point indeed. The pages in my Supes 1 are actually really nice. Trying to get them to post the photos I have of before it was graded. So we'll see how it does :).