• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What DVD's Came with Mini Comics?
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day, especially as we push closer to the Holiday's!

I mainly collect ASM, Iron Man, and anything else I can really get my hands on (I have a hard time selling any comic lol). Anyways, I love finding different variants and limited production runs, and mini comics!

I've learned a couple Mini Comics, and which DVD's they come with, but I'm looking to expand my list an knowledge! I'm sure all of you know more than I do on this matter, as I am very new to this. My research skills aren't the best either, so my apologies.

The two I have so far are: 

Amazing Spider-man:

Spiderman 2 Collector's Edition disc set - Comes with ASM 50 Mini Comic

Spiderman Origins of a Super Hero Bonus Disc - Comes with ASM 300 Mini Comic

HellBlazer:

Constantine DVD Deluxe Edition 2 Disc Set UPC: 012569718579 - Comes with John Constantine Hellblazer Mini Comic

I look forward to everyone's help and being able to update this list! I apologize if I posted this in the wrong part of the forums!

Edited by jfree580

4 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

I'm pretty sure (like, 99.9%) that the Keanu Reeves Constantine came with a mini-comic, I think of Hellblazer #1.

It appears you are correct! I will Update the list! Thank you for the help! More to go!

Fantastic Four Rise of the S.surfer came with a mini Surfer #1 and I'd have to look,but either Spiderman 2 or 3 came with three real mini comics,ASM 252 Web of vol1 #1 and another I can't recall at the moment.We're talking real mini,there's a magnifying glass included.

There was a Sin City that came with a digest sized book as well.

Also,not DVD's but there were some Marvel dinkie cars that had minis ,TOS 39 AF 15 Hulk 181 and GSXmen #1.

I know I have a few others,but they are lost in the disaster I call the porcupine nest.

32 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Fantastic Four Rise of the S.surfer came with a mini Surfer #1 and I'd have to look,but either Spiderman 2 or 3 came with three real mini comics,ASM 252 Web of vol1 #1 and another I can't recall at the moment.We're talking real mini,there's a magnifying glass included.

There was a Sin City that came with a digest sized book as well.

Also,not DVD's but there were some Marvel dinkie cars that had minis ,TOS 39 AF 15 Hulk 181 and GSXmen #1.

I know I have a few others,but they are lost in the disaster I call the porcupine nest.

I'll try and look into those. I see one of the versions of FF four Rise of the silver surfer does come with a comic, but I'm still trying to figure out which edition does, and the UPC for that edition.

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

Is this the same as one of the Spideys you have listed

Spider-Man Homecoming Exclusive: Comic Book & Bonus Content (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Homecoming-Exclusive-Content-Blu-ray/dp/B076HQM822

It appears you are correct, this version of Spider-Man Homecoming does come with a comic book, however, I am not sure which one yet.

8 minutes ago, jfree580 said:

It appears you are correct, this version of Spider-Man Homecoming does come with a comic book, however, I am not sure which one yet.

Check this out - it might be helpful

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25333034

Also - it looks like a Looney Tunes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Looney-Tunes-Edicion-Especial-Dvd-Edicion-Promo-Mini-Comic-2011-Dc-Comics-/171997142827

Edited by telerites

14 minutes ago, telerites said:

Dang, that definitely helps with the ASM ones, I just wish it had which dvd's it came with. From what I have found so far, it's been cheaper to buy a new copy of the dvd then to buy the comic itself. I do see the one listing you have for the looney toons as well. When I get some more free time, I will try to research that one too! Pretty sweet!

11 minutes ago, telerites said:

And not sure if you want to go back this far but I have of collection of these and also an unopened box of the candy with the comics that I won in an auction a while back.  They are cool mini comics - DC characters.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=19706388

4519678.jpg

That's awesome as well! I guess that's kind of my "Thing", I kinda like all the promo stuff, and harder to find mini comics, etc.. I currently have 15+ copies of ASM 50 Mini, and ASM 300 mini. Trying to expand that a bit. The link for this above also has some other sweet mini comics on there as well! I really don't have much in the way of DC stuff, very very small amounts, but maybe I should start expanding that. I've only been doing this about half a year now, ASM 300 really is what started it, maybe that's why I've stayed with Marvel. Plus the just trying to learn the Marvel comics, variants, promo's, grades, etc.. has been somewhat hard to do lol. 

Edited by jfree580

When Batman Begins was released on DVD I bought my copy from Costco. This was back their DVDs had that large cardboard outer packaging. Inside the packaging was a mini version of the Batman Begins Movie Adaptation which is half adaptation and half reprints. 

Don’t know if it was available through any other outlet. MCS has a listing for it on their sight. 

3 hours ago, jfree580 said:

I'll try and look into those. I see one of the versions of FF four Rise of the silver surfer does come with a comic, but I'm still trying to figure out which edition does, and the UPC for that edition.

I'm also located in Canada,not sure if that would make a difference.I'll see if I can dig out the FF and Spidey discs for you tonight and check.

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm also located in Canada,not sure if that would make a difference.I'll see if I can dig out the FF and Spidey discs for you tonight and check.

Any help would be great! Much appreciated! I don't know if being in Canada would. Depending on what part, I think we share the same DVD's, Video Games, Comics, etc.. I could be wrong? 

Edited by jfree580

1 minute ago, jfree580 said:

Any help would be great! Much appreciated! I don't if being in Canada would. Depending on what part, I think we share the same DVD's, Video Games, Comics, etc.. I could be wrong? 

Mostly,but there are different language laws here(French would be where your Spanish translation would be,by law) so not certain on all packaging.

Happy to help!

I've got a Hulk #1, ASM #50, Ironman #1 and Punisher mini comic that all came from DVD's. They're pretty cool

There's one out there called 'The Good Morty' which is valuable and was included in Season one of Rick & Morty. Not my thing at all, but worth money all the same.

Here's one (not a mini-comic, but a bagged regular-sized comic):

0135780017_1200.jpg

I can't picture many DVD packaging options that would even have room for a regular-sized comic, so this might have been an experiment that DVD makers didn't repeat. lol

Edited by valiantman