• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer 1 (Brazilian edition, USA SS 1 and 2))

7 posts in this topic

Hello to all here, I would deeply appreciate if anyone can help me to grade this Brazilian SS1 (USA Silver Surfer 1 and 2).

The main issue is in its square bond spine, that has one big vertical crack that goes from up to down. There is not any detached page inside, but I try to avoid to open the issue fully as to avoid the possibility of the crack to expand and split the issue in 2. See last picture.

Outside that, there is a stain in the "D" letter, two small missing pieces close to it, another stain right bellow the aliens support disk, a small folding mark with color break in the top right corner on some blunting on the right lower corner. Back cover has a good amount of stains and the likely original white color became darker.

ss1capa.jpg

spcc.jpg

sslombada.jpg

Thanks to all for the answers. Glad you liked. I will likely put pics of my other two Brazilian SS editions in not too far future, I hope. Anyway, I would like opinions about the vertical crack on the spine. How much can it affect the grade?

23 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

That is cool variant cover , I don’t know if cgc will grade it , it looks very good 

are the interiors black an white..?. 

Fortunately I do not intend to grade it, just like to try to guess the grade of some of my key comic books. And yes the interior is BW. Heroes and super-heroes Brazilian comic books were usually in B&W until about that time, even though color was present in Brazil's comics related material since 1905. The Phantom and Mandrake went to color in 1967, if I am not mistake, and the year this issue was released (1969) Brazil's main super-heroes comic book publisher, Ebal, would start to launch special editions in colors, that would have so much success that its main titles of Superman and Batman would remain in BW until late second half of the 70's as to not interfere with the colorful editions success.