• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This is a crazy price, and can only assume its due to the obvious:  its THE court copy.  Endlessly cool

At first glance, this would appear to be the case if you take a look at the HA archives, but then again, maybe not so much considering that CC was able to fetched $107K for this copy here back at the end of 2018 in one of their CC Event Auctions:  hm  :applause:

act1.14354a.jpg

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

At first glance, this would appear to be the case if you take a look at the HA archives, but then again, maybe not so much considering that CC was able to fetched $107K for this copy here back at the end of 2018 in one of their CC Event Auctions

I don't understand that. The GPA says this "Court Copy" of Action 10 went for $45k in 2012.  Then I see 6 years later in 2018 there was a 3.0 that went for the price you named above.  GPA doesn't dub the 2018 book as the "Court Copy", but that makes more sense now.  If that's the case, then this price is the opposite of crazy high.  It's crazy low.  Sheesh, I'd been watching this one.

You are finding this info in CC archives?

20 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You are finding this info in CC archives?

Yes, it's in the CC archives as per the following link:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/774946

This one here is NOT the Court Copy, as it is a different copy graded slightly higher at a grade of CGC 3.5.  :gossip:

Edited by lou_fine

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

Since they extended the Sunday Auctions at HA to two days, it's weird flipping back and forth between HA and CC tonight :juggle:

Well, at least the HA one tonight is limited only to the original art portion and not also to the comic books. (thumbsu

I still remember a couple of times last year when CL would run their comic book auctions on the same overlapping days as the big CC Event auctions.  :frustrated:  doh!

Just now, lou_fine said:

Well, at least the HA one tonight is limited only to the original art portion and not also to the comic books. (thumbsu

I still remember a couple of times last year when CL would run their comic book auctions on the same overlapping days as the big CC Event auctions.  :frustrated:  doh!

Yes, i do remember that happening before lol

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like first day of the supposedly big CC Event Auction is scheduled to start hitting the 3-minute buzzer in a few short hours from now and everything seems to be a lot quieter than normal.  hm

Not sure if it's to do with their new auction website design or the current bad economic times we seem to be in (although you certainly can't tell from the stock markets :whatthe:  :screwy:), but prices still appear to be on the low side for now, except for the odd books like this one here which is already at $67K with the extended bidding still to go:

act1.15496_2.jpg

It looks like a book Mark Zaid would want.  

25 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Well the court copy of Action 10 went for $77k. I stayed on the sidelines and nabbed an Action 1 page instead. This way I won’t wake up in the middle of the night smacking myself on the forehead 

You are now on  woowootrain.thumb.jpg.60c9834d71a404e6cf2e4a851f7372bb.jpg:whee:

Edited by woowoo

49 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Well the court copy of Action 10 went for $77k. I stayed on the sidelines and nabbed an Action 1 page instead. This way I won’t wake up in the middle of the night smacking myself on the forehead 

No, looks like it actually went for $76K as I assume the next bid would have taken it to the $77K price point:  :gossip:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/868929

If I am correct which I might not be, it would appear that this book like many of the others in this auction here, didn't get to experience any of those wild 3-minute extended bidding sessions that we have become accustomed to in prior CC Event Auctions.  :(

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the Centaurs in the form of the later Amazing Mystery Funnies are still running red hot for now at multiples to condition to guide already with several hours still to go, and definitely not suffering much in this current negative business environment to date so far.  (thumbsu

Yep, looks like the AMF Centaurs did alright in the end with all of them (save for the AMF V2 #12 at a 29% premium to guide) finishing up at not only big multiples to condition guide, but with the last 2 issues rocketing past their previous price points when they sold in the big Jon Berk Auction a few years ago:

ama2.240.jpg

This issue here got bidded up to $3,300 or 3.3X condition guide from where it was earlier in the day and noticeably more than the $1,938 it fetched in the Berk Auction;  (thumbsu

ama2.241.jpg

While this copy here sold for an astounding $4,100 or 4.8X condition guide even w/o receiving any additional extended bids and significantly more than the $1,676 it fetched in the Jon Berk Auction.  :whatthe:  :applause:

23 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

No, looks like it actually went for $76K as I assume the next bid would have taken it to the $77K price point:  :gossip:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/868929

If I am correct which I might not be, it would appear that this book like many of the others in this auction here, didn't get to experience any of those wild 3-minute extended bidding sessions that we have become accustomed to in prior CC Event Auctions.  :(

You are correct. No 3 minute extended bidding. The one right before it went into extended bidding, and in which I was participating. Since the Action 10 had no extended bidding, it actually finished before mine did

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

Congrats👏👏

Any Superman Action 1 is 🤤

I think that would be the first Image of Supes Leaping(flying)☝️ 

It’s not his first leap. That’s page 3, I think. But your comment made me realize Superman has resorted to running across the telephone wires because he doesn’t fly yet!

Great pick up of the action page. Jelly. Sadly I had not spent enough time navigating the new website to make heads or tails out of my bids. With all the separate extended bidding windows open it was like a zoom meeting from hades. Very confusing.