• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
58 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Tonight is an exercise in frustration where everything I have consigned is going considerably below recent GPA and everything I’m trying to win is going significantly higher.  :flamed:

Yes.  I'll wait until its all over except for the crying to air my postgame summary. I had 20 books in there for sale and for sure noticed some things

Well, let's all hope they are tears of happiness and joy then.  :wishluck:

Fortunately I had on two pairs of depends while watching this auction, so the couch survived.  Based on what I was watching

High grade GA Batman's went about where I would expect them to go.  They may have gone higher but I stopped bidding pretty early.  Several would have been nice upgrades but I really have to ask myself "is it worth it?"

Some of the keys were really high like the Batman 1, Captain America 1, and Detective 31  :whatthe:.

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Some of the keys were really high like the Batman 1, Captain America 1, and Detective 31  :whatthe:.

Yes, looks like the 'Tec 31 was the last book of the night as it slowly went up from something like $26K before it finally finished up at $40,444:

det1.16415a.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

27 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
46 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I was a little surprised at that. $35k per point for that copy 

The brittle Bat 1 2.0 went high too

Yes, that was definitely a very strong price on the Cap 1 from my point of view. (thumbsu

Too bad there was no Cap 3 so that we could get a further confirmation of how strong the demand is for this particular book. hm

Didn't think that was a fairly strong price on the Bat 1, but considering the Slightly Brittle pages, I guess it's a relatively fair price for this key book.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, looks like the 'Tec 31 was the last book of the night as it slowly went up from something like $26K before it finally finished up at $40,444:

det1.16415a.jpg

I was surprised it went that high but congrats to buyer and seller.  Any thoughts on the Tec 35?

Edited by Bat34

2 minutes ago, Bat34 said:

I was surprised it went that high but congrats to buyer and seller.  Any thoughts on the Tec 35?

I thought the Tec 35 ended right where I expected it to be considering it has little bit of color touch, glue, and tape.  Book has very high eye appeal though. A copy with no such notes would command a higher price.

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

det1.16415a.jpg

As they say, buy the book not the... oh, wait. Forget that.

10 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
14 minutes ago, Bat34 said:

I thought the Tec 35 ended right where I expected it to be considering it has little bit of color touch, glue, and tape.  Book has very high eye appeal though. A copy with no such notes would command a higher price.

+1

I was initially thinking that the auction result looked rather weak considering the classic cover and how nice it presented relative to its assigned grade.

Then I noticed all of the notes and like DK here, felt that this is what really killed the price of the book in the end.  Still a fair price considering all of the noted defects on the label.  (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, Bat34 said:

Well, I thought the 35 ended tomorrow...when I asked the question I didn't realize that the auction had ended and was looking for perspective on the book to determine what my final bidding strategy was going to be....and I ended up winning it with my bid that stuck for the past week or so.  Lucky for me it did not spike up as I really wanted in on the 35.  I saw the notes but like that it is a blue label and presents well.  I'm happy with it!

Congrats! It's a great presenting book!

Congrats Bat34 on winning the book.  As previously mentioned it is a stunning looking 2.0 copy and you happened to have won it at the price you were willing to pay (thumbsu  There are times, like myself, we get caught up in the heat of the moment with bidding and tend to go beyond our maximum bid :p

7 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Congrats Bat34 on winning the book.  As previously mentioned it is a stunning looking 2.0 copy and you happened to have won it at the price you were willing to pay (thumbsu  There are times, like myself, we get caught up in the heat of the moment with bidding and tend to go beyond our maximum bid :p

+1

Congratsto Bat 34 on a great pickup at a very reasonable price.  :applause:

As I had stated in my initial post up above, most definitely a nicely presenting copy relative to its assigned CGC grade of only 2.0 with nice PQ to boot.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Bat34 said:
3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

det1.16415a.jpg

+1 considering how fugly it looks. Hope winner puts back the resto :nyah:

Congrats on the Tec 35 Matt :applause: Book has some issues but the pickup price was sweet !

Edited by Gotham Kid