ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
15 15

1,868 posts in this topic

2,359 posts
On 5/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, IngelsFan said:

I don’t have the two earlier issues but I’ve always loved 10 for the awesome robot splash in the Federal Men story. I sold my copy in 1991 and have regretted it ever since.

F0C3106B-0CA5-4CA0-9451-F60C0F485224.png

Now that’s a cool robot! 

2,359 posts
On 5/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, woowoo said:

Got really drunk and bid :makepoint:won the book but they don't give me a pay with credit card option WHAT do I do

I was following that book closely. In retrospect I’m very glad I didn’t enter into a bidding war with a drunk guy! lol

4,362 posts
28 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I was following that book closely. In retrospect I’m very glad I didn’t enter into a bidding war with a drunk guy! lol

I don't collect timely. I do have a coverless Marvel 1 missing last page. Do you know by chance what the FMV on the book is. I don't know what the book prices out at in guide. Thanks

3,166 posts
30 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I don't collect timely. I do have a coverless Marvel 1 missing last page. Do you know by chance what the FMV on the book is. I don't know what the book prices out at in guide. Thanks

Total guess.  7k. 

4,362 posts
4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Total guess.  7k. 

The book has to be 10k or more since I have a buyer at 10k. I think I might keep it :facepalm: scare book next to DC's. I might have to sell my other copy of Detective 27 to help with the cost:whee:

11,273 posts
On 5/16/2020 at 7:35 PM, lou_fine said:

Speaking of daily spam mail, looks like I finally got one yesterday with a picture of one of the few nicer GA books in an Event Auction that definitely seems to be a bit on the light side for the vintage GA comic book collector:

sus3.184_2.jpg

For me, this first issue here with the Quinlan cover seem to laid the groundwork and a hint of what was to come a couple of issues later with the classic Schomburg cover.  :luhv:

It will be interesting to see what this issue of Suspense Comics 1 goes for next week in light of Mitch's @Mmehdy Coronavirus doomsday forecast for GA books, especially since this book usually always tends to sell for a nice healthy multiple to condition guide.  hm  :taptaptap: 

Well, not surprisingly, it would appear that this copy here managed to do quite well with a rather strong price of $6,200 which is definitely quite a bit more than the $3K+ price range which a couple of mid-grade copies had sold for on Heritage during the past couple of years.  :applause:

It would appear that there seems to be strong continuing demand and interest for what I have called the poor man's version of Suspense 3, as evident by the increasing valuations for this realtively HTF book in the marketplace.  :luhv:

31,567 posts
1 hour ago, woowoo said:

3,166 posts
42 minutes ago, woowoo said:

The book has to be 10k or more since I have a buyer at 10k. I think I might keep it :facepalm: scare book next to DC's. I might have to sell my other copy of Detective 27 to help with the cost:whee:

I figured a coverless was 10-12 k these days. Maybe 13-15.  10k then wouldn’t sunrise me. Sounds like a great offer