• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you recommend me a sniper site with focus on Ebay?
2 2

32 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 999ghosts said:

But if I put a snipe of $105 at the last three seconds you will have no time to adjust you bid to $110. Some people bid like that. Oh, it's only $5 more. let's place another small bid. So sniping can save on those bidders that will add another bid. Once they see they are loosing they will higher their first bid up with a couple of $$$ and there are a lot of them out there who will bid like this. 

I always snipe. If I snipe below your high bid, I loose, but if my snipe is higher no chance to up you bid anymore and that is why people do it and will save in the long run.

I use auctionsniper

image.png.dbc3bee8fc225439da0943c5c7d09473.png

sorry-- drives me crazy

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Nobody has a worry about handing over your ebay password to a third party? I would need to disconnect from PayPal.

I have had no issues after using it for over three years - so i consider Gixen trustworthy

How else do you expect them to bid for you if they do not have access to your ID and password?

also-- Gixen has changed how they work this slightly-- where you use an alternate ID and password for THEIR system which uses a stored ID and password to submit bids-- all show in this little reminder when you first try to use the software:

Please sign up first at www.gixen.com. You cannot any longer log in with your eBay username and password, now you need to sign up and get Gixen username and password.

Not sure how others work since this one has met my needs ever since I needed a sniping program.

Edited by 01TheDude

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

I have had no issues after using it for over three years - so i consider Gixen trustworthy

How else do you expect them to bid for you if they do not have access to your ID and password?

also-- Gixen has changed how they work this slightly-- where you use an alternate ID and password for THEIR system which uses a stored ID and password to submit bids-- all show in this little reminder when you first try to use the software:

Not sure how others work since this one has met my needs ever since I needed a sniping program.

I get it, they need your pw to function, it just feels weird.

11 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

image.png.dbc3bee8fc225439da0943c5c7d09473.png

sorry-- drives me crazy

No problem. Normally I'm good spotting these myself. But English is not my first language and I am always open to learn. I do speak 4 languages though!

Edited by 999ghosts

14 hours ago, the blob said:

I get it, they need your pw to function, it just feels weird.

They are using OAuth for authentication if they are legitimate.  https://oauth.net 

Think of it as a way for a website or web service (app) to use your credentials to connect to some other website or service without knowing what the credentials are. 

You see OAuth in action when you do things like access some website as your Facebook user or your Google account user.

-----------------

Ture Hoefner

On 12/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, Action252Kid said:

Use Gavelsnipe.  It's free. You can snipe eBay, and you can also snipe Heritage.  The homepage states that they have a 99.9% success rate, and I can stand by this number.  I've used it for thousands of snipes and never had an issue.  

Same here. I've been using Gavelsnipe for a decade. It's the only way I bid on e-Bay and I've never had an issue with it. 

On 12/26/2018 at 4:09 PM, 01TheDude said:

image.thumb.png.2929b07d3e409ae091926712f496a6f9.png

I would also point out that they have added some new stuff that pushes people to pay for the service--- like this delay screen that takes a minute for it to load your information on snipes you have set up. This is sort of new and not ideal but if you are cheap like me-- it is something you can deal with.