• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Series Crack?

3 posts in this topic

That depends on your cracking skills and the facilitator.  If you are confident you can crack it open without damaging it and the facilitator is ok with that then you can decide to do it.  Some facilitators ask to keep the label with it though. If you want to pay the cracking fee for a facilitator to do it that's probably done it hundreds of times before you can do that. Depends on you and the facilitator.

If you are sending it out to a facilitator for future signatures, the slab gives you added protection to the book during shipping and in storage before the signing. Plus, cracking the slab is a bit of an acquired skill (I prefer others that I trust to do it for me :)  ).  So it's worth the extra few bucks if there is a charge.  Also, if yours is a book that has just a few copies on the CGC Census, have them add the blue label to your submission so that your book's listing is not duplicated.

Edited by Ron C.