• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel Adventures - Key Issues?

7 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I'm curious as to whether there's a list of key issues relating to Shazam?

Many thanks! ^_^

Captain Marvel Adventures #18 (First appearance and origin of Mary Marvel). Also I mean #17 isn't really a key per say, but it's a really cool painted cover so maybe a tad more sought after than some of the others. Other than those not much comes to mind other than #1 as Gator pointed out lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1

There are quite a few. Mostly because of classic covers. A few have origins and a couple of my favorites are #79 (origin Mr. Tawny) and #80 (origin Capt. Marvel retold). The Overstreet guide may be useless for prices, but it is the best reference guide for information out there. By the way, the original Capt. Marvel from the '40's and '50's wasn't called "Shazam"...  :sumo:

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

There are quite a few. Mostly because of classic covers. A few have origins and a couple of my favorites are #79 (origin Mr. Tawny) and #80 (origin Capt. Marvel retold). The Overstreet guide may be useless for prices, but it is the best reference guide for information out there. By the way, the original Capt. Marvel from the '40's and '50's wasn't called "Shazam"...  :sumo:

It was silly on my part as I meant Shazam key issues in general, as I forgot about Whiz Comics etc :(