• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,482 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

holey moley- almost everything i was considering a bid on ended WAY over gpa. i don't know whats going on, but this is the hottest i've ever seen the market at this time of year. 

clearly time to sell all my books and not buy them. wish i wasn't so attached to them! 

I think we’re all cooped up at home with nothing else to do. Usually I’m bargain hunting but in this market you pay above GPA or your left out in the cold.

I sold some books on Heritage and did well but I ended up paying through the nose for a couple of mid tier, mid grade SA Marvel Keys.

XM1 is scorching hot!

Just now, www.alexgross.com said:

this book ended at almost 26k! a nice looking book at a stunning price... this is not my copy. just amazed to see how hot this book is. but everything is like this right now. 

xmen1-7.0.jpg

It’s the wrong time to look for this book but I’m convinced the price will stay high. It’s not going back to 2019 levels.

8 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i'm thinking of selling my 7.0 white page copy if i can get 35k. maybe in a week it will reach that level? 

but could you afford to buy back in?

4 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I got this one below GPA so I am very happy, always wanted to own a nice looking copy of this issue

217900871_TTA44.thumb.jpg.5dbd0425ce7090357e644c38b0c817f8.jpg

Nice pick-up.

3 minutes ago, piper said:

What books?

Marvel Team-Up #'s 4 and 6. The #4 sold for $2399 and the #6 sold for $906.  I'm not too surprised about the #4 since it's also a well centered

Picture Frame and they seem to be heating up over the past few months. 

Edited by Xenosmilus

7 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Marvel Team-Up #'s 4 and 6. The #4 sold for $2399 and the #6 sold for $906.  I'm not too surprised about the #4 since it's also a well centered

Picture Frame and they seem to be heating up over the past few months. 

Crazy times!

Just now, piper said:

Crazy times!

Yeah, I'm actually thinking about taking a break from buying for awhile.  Prices are getting out of hand LOL.  I started collecting a MTU #2-100 9.8 run not because they were may favorites but because they were in the right price range for me.

5 minutes ago, piper said:

Crazy times!

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Yeah, I'm actually thinking about taking a break from buying for awhile.  Prices are getting out of hand LOL.  I started collecting a MTU #2-100 9.8 run not because they were may favorites but because they were in the right price range for me.

I think it is also a matter of perspective.  I paid $2,300 for my X-Men 1 in a CGC 4.5 from Comiclink back in April of 2011 according to my purchase records.  Joey pressed it and it came back a 5.5.  I just checked GPA on a 5.5 and it is north of $10,000.  I am at a stage in my life where $10,000 is abnormal to me for a copy of X-Men 1 in a 5.5.   

However, these prices are normal to the next generation of comic buyers and if they see a copy of $10k they are willing to throw it down.

Now this is why I say it is a matter of perspective.  You see, I am willing to bet that the guys that paid $1200 for their copy of X-Men 1 in around the same grade back in 2003 thought it was nuts that I paid $2300 for the same copy eight years later. 

I am hoping that the current buyers paying these prices are not only guys investing in high grade first appearances but also new blood that view these prices as normal or just the prices you have to pay to get a copy.  Remember, the generation before us thought we were nuts paying the prices we did. 

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I think it is also a matter of perspective.  I paid $2,300 for my X-Men 1 in a CGC 4.5 from Comiclink back in April of 2011 according to my purchase records.  Joey pressed it and it came back a 5.5.  I just checked GPA on a 5.5 and it is north of $10,000.  I am at a stage in my life where $10,000 is abnormal to me for a copy of X-Men 1 in a 5.5.   

However, these prices are normal to the next generation of comic buyers and if they see a copy of $10k they are willing to throw it down.

Now this is why I say it is a matter of perspective.  You see, I am willing to bet that the guys that paid $1200 for their copy of X-Men 1 in around the same grade back in 2003 thought it was nuts that I paid $2300 for the same copy eight years later. 

I am hoping that the current buyers paying these prices are not only guys investing in high grade first appearances but also new blood that view these prices as normal or just the prices you have to pay to get a copy.  Remember, the generation before us thought we were nuts paying the prices we did. 

i agreee with all this. i think specifically whats happening now though is a bit different. books selling at auction for twice what they did 1 month ago (with no new announcement,) books selling at auction for far more than the same books are listed on feebay for, these things seem to suggest a possible pandemic induced hysteria that has to cool off at some point, perhaps soon.

a book ended last night that a boardie here tried to sell last month with no success because of the price. i won't name it or him, but final price was 66 per cent higher than what he could not get here. (no new announcement drove this) and this is happening on ALOT of stuff, at least with marvel SA. this is not the type of gradual increase that we normally see, esp at this time of year.

12 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

this book ended at almost 26k! a nice looking book at a stunning price... this is not my copy. just amazed to see how hot this book is. but everything is like this right now. 

xmen1-7.0.jpg

To say the least. 6 months ago I was outbid on XMen 97 cgc 9.8 at 1700 by 100$. Yesterday another exact copy sold for 3100. 

XM #1 is red hot right now as we have all seen.  Eventually there will be a time where it will cool off like the rest of the major SA keys that had similar growth spurts in past years - Showcase 4, AF 15, Hulk 1, etc.  All a cycle, definitely won't be a buyer at these levels.  Fantastic for sellers at this point, but this can't keep up forever.