• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,485 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You two frigging stupid screwballs..............I took your advice and placed a bid of exactly $44,000 and nobody took it up to $46,000!!!  :frustrated: :mad:  :censored:  

WTF:..............now I am stuck with this drek "common as dirt" book here all because of you two knuckleheads:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dtransformers%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%26CGC%3DYES%26CBCS%3DYES%23Item_1452303&id=1452303&itemType=0

00063922399000111127459004.jpg

Action Comics Superman debut copy sells for $2.16m - GIF on Imgur

9 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Did anyone get anything from tonight's Heritage auction? I placed a bunch of bidds and won 2 things:

Diddly and Squat

+1. Not ready to pay the multiples even the quiet little books in the weekly auctions now command

Ditto. I bid what I'm comfortable paying and "let it ride."

9 hours ago, William-James88 said:
10 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

+1. Not ready to pay the multiples even the quiet little books in the weekly auctions now command

Yup, I think what I'll do instead is finally sell all my Fawcett

Why, have the short players in the comic book marketplace and the GameStop mania frenzy finally made their move into our little corner of the comic book world here?  :whee:  :banana:

Edited by lou_fine

57 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Why, have the short players in the comic book marketplace and the GameStop mania frenzy finally made their move into our little corner of the comic book world here?  :whee:  :banana:

Money.....whether it is cards...look at the price of a pokenman box of cards...200K, 400K...1 million, just buy what you like for the book and not just the investment return.

52 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Money.....whether it is cards...look at the price of a pokenman box of cards...200K, 400K...1 million, just buy what you like for the book and not just the investment return.

I thought we have been preaching this for decades, buy what you love.... don't do it with hopes of getting rich.....  

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Sadly yes, check this:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/the-marvel-family-group-of-4-fawcett-publications-1946-total-4-comic-books-/a/122107-15423.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:
3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Sadly yes, check this:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/the-marvel-family-group-of-4-fawcett-publications-1946-total-4-comic-books-/a/122107-15423.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

Yes, but take a look at this as even Heritage must realize how hot this market is and how fast prices are going up.  hm

Looks like the automated Heritage Make Offer to Owner feature now automatically bumps your offer price up by 50% above your auction purchase price instead of the standard 30% bump which you used to have in place.  :whatthe:

So, just imagine if you had won this raw grouping of Marvel Family books with an approximate condition guide value of $400 for the winning amount of only $1,020; you would now be in line to resell it to another Heritage member for $1,530 through their Make Offer to Owner program once somebody clicks onto that big Green button to the right.  :banana:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :censored:

2 hours ago, canickus said:

Greggy, that was a $250 book in 2019.  Went for $450 today.  That was a relative bargain for a super low population highest grade book.

Yeah! Bargain compared to some nose bleed prices on other more common books. 

Can someone explain why someone paid $3350 for G/S Captain America #1 9.8  when the GPA is $600 ? Or why someone paid $4100 for a G/S Avengers #1 9.8 when the GPA is $960 ? I mean what the actual :censored: ? (shrug)

In regards to GS Cap 1, here is where you have to be a little careful with GPA.  The GPA point you reference is based on one sale last year.  GPA only has five sales of a gem mint copy of that book since 2010, or one copy every 2 years or so. The book has traded higher in private transactions and there are only 7 copies of a popular title in the popular run headlined by GS X-Men 1. 

It is always a bit counter intuitive, but I have usually made more money buying books where I set the new GPA record high price than buying books at a GPA discount.   

if you can find a GS Cap 9.8 for $600 bucks, I would hit it fast, but I suspect that those days are gone. 

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.