• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers #55

3 posts in this topic

There is some staining at the top of the book on the back.

It is Slight, but large...It can even be over looked if your not really looking, but it looks like water damage, The book is not wrinkle at all.

The Staining is only on the back of the cover, you can not see it when you open the book and look at the back from the inside.

any thoughts would be great. Overall the book in in great shape except for the stain on the back

thanks

1547349340159-c535c20d-8921-403d-b9f0-e3af0742fe82.jpg

20190112_221605.jpg

20190112_221620.jpg

20190112_221751.jpg

20190112_221700.jpg

20190112_221605.jpg

20190112_221646.jpg

Edited by billbrown7080

Ouch, this one hurts.  The front cover looks like a 9.2-9.4.  The back cover water stain, though faint, is across almost the entire top edge.  We know that CGC is very harsh on water stains and any stains/soiling of any type, though it's uncommon to find a CGC graded book that is otherwise NM with a large water stain as the only defect.  Someone previously posted a Conan #1 that looked NM at first glance, but had faint water stains / tide lines throughout the entire book from front cover to back cover and everything in between.  It was pressed flat without wrinkles and otherwise no defects and graded a CGC 4.5.  My guess is:

CGC 6.5 - 7.0

3 hours ago, davet75 said:

Ouch, this one hurts.  The front cover looks like a 9.2-9.4.  The back cover water stain, though faint, is across almost the entire top edge.  We know that CGC is very harsh on water stains and any stains/soiling of any type, though it's uncommon to find a CGC graded book that is otherwise NM with a large water stain as the only defect.  Someone previously posted a Conan #1 that looked NM at first glance, but had faint water stains / tide lines throughout the entire book from front cover to back cover and everything in between.  It was pressed flat without wrinkles and otherwise no defects and graded a CGC 4.5.  My guess is:

CGC 6.5 - 7.0 

Thank for the advice

I had it graded at 8.5 to 9.0 for about 3 years.

But Last Month, I got it out to take a picture of it and Finally noticed the Staining on the back....Broke My Heart.

The book is so nice..

I actually remember grading it and putting in a new bag and backer 3 years ago...and I plain just didnt see the stain on the back.

I had another copy that was probably a 7.5 but I traded it a year and half ago...I wrongly thought This copy was the better copy...but with what I know now after noticing The staining...I probably traded off the better copy.