• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is Wrong With This Picture? (CGC FB post)
1 1

60 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I strongly dislike how the book is being handled. Perhaps he could look at it while it is flat on a table surface.

Yup. That valuable of a book, bare-handed, curving it (even though it's not HG) tilting at an angle (if it slides in his hand... yikes!).

Compared to:

gradingProcess_grading.jpg

Edited by jcjames

44 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I bet he just got back from the bathroom and didn't wash his hands, too.

They hammer stains too you know

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Phil Collins works for CGC now?

He got in Against All Odds by promising to drum up trade. And he doesn't need gloves because he seems to have an Invisible Touch, yeah. Trouble is, he lent his grading guide to Dio. He's having to go to court to get it back, which is tiresome as he has a stutter. It's coming to something when you have to sue, sue, sue Dio.

I'm here all week :)

10 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Does not bother me in the least.  Does everyone grade their books by placing them on a flat surface and moving your body around them, like they are the Dead Sea Scrolls and they are going to disintegrate if you breathe on them?  LOL.

THAT book, yes I would. 

I'd inspect it while it laid on a table.

I don't have the mad skillz to hold a $20-30K book one hand and tilt and curve it to see it better. But, as everyone says on Fleebay, "I'm not a professional grader". 

Edited by jcjames