• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Just Read Incredible Hulk #125

4 posts in this topic

Guess this one's on the edge of Silver/Bronze, but... it's Bronze, right?

Picked up a JiM 114 a little while ago, and I decided to read the early appearances of Crusher Creel.

This one had me laughing.  Good old slugfest... were we supposed to think he died at the end of the issue?

Hulk could speak and think much more than I assumed he would be able to.  Why in the world did Bruce Banner just happen to be flying the only rocket CC could grab onto?  Why didn't he actually turn into something besides human form when he just said it was a mistake to have turned back to human?  Why would CC lose Hulk's strength just b/c Hulk turned back to BB?  What does it all mean??

Edited by Schmakt

30 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

Guess this one's on the edge of Silver/Bronze, but... it's Bronze, right?

Picked up a JiM 114 a little while ago, and I decided to read the early appearances of Crusher Creel.

This one had me laughing.  Good old slugfest... were we supposed to think he died at the end of the issue?

Hulk could speak and think much more than I assumed he would be able to.  Why in the world did Bruce Banner just happen to be flying the only rocket CC could grab onto?  Why didn't he actually turn into something besides human form when he just said it was a mistake to have turned back to human?  Why would CC lose Hulk's strength just b/c Hulk turned back to BB?  What does it all mean??

I started buying comics when I was 5 in 1970. The first comic I ever bought was a Fantastic Four 112 because of the cover. After reading that issue I became a Hulk fan and began collecting anything he was in and all of the Hulk comics. Hulk #125 was the first time I had seen The Absorbing Man/ Crusher Creel. I really liked the idea of a character that could copy the strength/ power of whatever he touched. I remember looking for more of his appearances and discovering Thor comics because of him.

114 is an awesome book.

As to your questions... (shrug) it was supposed to be for kids. When I was 6 years old this was the greatest stuff going and fuelled the imagination. Reading it now as an adult would definitely be a different experience.