• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! PRICE DROPS! JUNK SALE Turn on the Fawcetts Part 2 Mary Marvel, Marvel Family & Wow
2 2

25 posts in this topic

OK, kids, here comes part two. This continues my goal of cleaning out the Fawcett boxes. This sale will be Mary Marvel, Marvel Family and Wow comics. I don't have as many of these as some of the longer runs and some like the Mary Marvels are a little harder to find. Will be a little sorry to see them go as I really love the creative stories that Fawcett put out in the GA. If this one goes a little better, I might be inspired to do Nyoka, Master and Whiz...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.50 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Family #42 Dec 1949

Tight, clean copy. Small piece out of bottom back cover. Has a coupon on back cover filled out. Bottom staple neatly popped. Tight, smooth spine with no tears or creases worth mentioning. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Nice clean interior pages.

Was $45.   Now $40.

marvelfamily42a.jpg

marvelfamily42b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Family #75 Sept. 1952

Cool space sci-fi cover and story

Lots of spine wear. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Numerous tiny wrinkles and a couple very small tears. Supple, fresh interior pages.

Still $25. (I like this one...)

marvelfamily75a.jpg

marvelfamily75b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Family #86 Aug 1953

Slight spine roll. Numerous small wrinkles, creases and edge tears. 4 pages in center have a small piece out of bottom that slightly affects art. Book and centerfold still attached. Yellowed, supple interior pages.

Still $20. Seems fair to me

marvelfamily86a.jpg

marvelfamily86b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Mary Marvel #9 Feb 1947

Has a pretty good flattened spine roll. Top staple popped and a small tear at top of spine. Ceterfold neatly detached at bottom staple. Off white interior pages.

Was $45.   Now $40. Don’t see these too often...

marymarvel9a.jpg

marymarvel9b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Mary Marvel #16 Sept 1947

Nice looking copy. Has a small corner tear repaired by tape inside front cover. A few light stains. Smooth, tight spine. Book and cover tight to covers. Supple interior paper.

Was $50.   Now $45.

marymarvel16a.jpg

marymarvel16b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wow #25 May 1944

A bit of a spine roll. Book neatly detached from covers. Small tear at top in second "W". A couple of small back cover tears. Centerfold is neatly detached and slightly ragged on edge.

Was $45.   Now $40.

wow25a.jpg

wow25b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wow #26 June 1944

Probably the best book of the thread. A very tight, clean, flat copy with nice color. Has a small name and date in ink and an old store stamp on front cover. Bottom right corner has a small non color breaking crease. Smooth spine with book and centerfold well attached to covers. I don't mind keeping this one.

$120.

wow26a.jpg

wow26b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wow #40 Jan 1946

A couple long "subscription" creases. A few tiny edge chips and tears on spine and bottom cover. Light stain at bottom.Back cover has a small piece out of bottom and a few light stains. Book and cover bound well to covers. Nice supple interior pages.

Was $35.   Now $30.

wow40a.jpg

wow40b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wow #42 April 1946

Nice Mary Marvel cover.

Solid, tight copy. Slightly dirty. A large ink stain on back cover. A little corner wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is nice. Has a few small light foxing spots on edges.

$45.

wow42a.jpg

wow42b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wow #51 Fed 1947

Great cover!

Tight, clean solid copy with just minor wear. No major roll, creases or tears. Book and centerfold bound well to covers.Fresh, supple interior pages. Another one I don't mind hanging onto...

$65.

wow51a.jpg

wow51b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man