• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If Stan Lee worked at DC

85 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Wonder Woman would talk funny

Yup.  Despite Amazons being from Greek mythology, Lee would have had her talking in mock Shakespearean English like Thor.

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Agreed, how would batman fair in the marvel universe?

Daredevil has done okay.

11 hours ago, kav said:
11 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

Iron Man... :gossip:

He has lots of powers-repulsor rays, flying and stuff.

the suit is not a power. He is a genius-- that might be Tony Stark's power. Same goes for Doc Oct and several others. Now Paste Pot Pete--- sure, a villain -- but what does he bring to the table other than a paste gun? Honestly-- the actual super powers part seems less important sometimes than the willingness to face the danger itself.

either way -- this thread could have been so much more but because it started out with a basic attempt to see what Stan Lee would rename/embellish already existing DC characters-- it got sidetracked from the start imo.

The real question should be -- If Stan Lee had only worked at DC (or had Atlas/Marvel gone under and he went to DCin the very early 1960s for example), would any/all of the characters he created still be created? Would Jack Kirby et al have ended up at DC? Would there be a Fantastic Four, Hulk, Thor, X-Men, Spider-man, yada yada? Would the Marvel-type universe ever exist? Would the stories be more than just the fight and show these people had flaws and other issues? Would comics even still exist or would the art form peter out as they ran out of goof ball stories that DC seemed so dead set on running with all the time?

I think without the rise of Marvel, DC never changes course from the camp style of product. Either that or some other form comes along and provides a new outlet/thought process to what a superhero world could be like.

Edited by 01TheDude

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

the suit is not a power. He is a genius-- that might be Tony Stark's power. Same goes for Doc Oct and several others. Now Paste Pot Pete--- sure, a villain -- but what does he bring to the table other than a paste gun? Honestly-- the actual super powers part seems less important sometimes than the willingness to face the danger itself.

either way -- this thread could have been so much more but because it started out with a basic attempt to see what Stan Lee would rename/embellish already existing DC characters-- it got sidetracked from the start imo.

The real question should be -- If Stan Lee had only worked at DC (or had Atlas/Marvel gone under and he went to DCin the very early 1960s for example), would any/all of the characters he created still be created? Would Jack Kirby et al have ended up at DC? Would there be a Fantastic Four, Hulk, Thor, X-Men, Spider-man, yada yada? Would the Marvel-type universe ever exist? Would the stories be more than just the fight and show these people had flaws and other issues? Would comics even still exist or would the art form peter out as they ran out of goof ball stories that DC seemed so dead set on running with all the time?

I think without the rise of Marvel, DC never changes course from the camp style of product. Either that or some other form comes along and provides a new outlet/thought process to what a superhero world could be like.

Check my thread on supervillains

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I wonder if he would have had the power of influence at DC that he had at Marvel? Most likely not which means it was the perfect storm that the world got the most popular world building universe in Marvel.

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

They did.  He's called Timber Wolf.

I meant that DC's heroes always seem to have weak names. "Bouncing Boy", "Matter Eater Lad", "Saturn Girl"...it never seemed to me like they were even trying.

20 minutes ago, Kahnadah said:

I meant that DC's heroes always seem to have weak names. "Bouncing Boy", "Matter Eater Lad", "Saturn Girl"...it never seemed to me like they were even trying.

Snapper Carr.  ??? 

If Stan Lee worked at DC the JLA would be bickering and fighting all the time.

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

There's Nighthawk Marvel's version of Batman then Bucky and the early Rick Jones. 

Rick_Jones.jpg

images.jpg

Nighthawk-Marvel-Comics-Defenders-Kyle-Richmond-b.jpg

Nighthawk qualifies bucky is GA and rick isnt a stupor hero

Just now, tv horror said:

Unless Rick drinks a lot and isn't in a stupor as you say, I'd say he qualifies as a superhero as someone who risks their life daily much like the Emergency services.:foryou: 

Well he does have plot armor so he's not really risking much-