• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Congratulations Ian, I'm very happy for you. Good things come to those who wait. thumbsup2.gif

Great job on FFB's part as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

By the way Ian, did you have to trade one of your duplicate books to get it, or did you purchase it outright?

Edited by skybolt

Congrats, Ian! thumbsup2.gif

We told you you'd get it. Just a few weeks ago you had all but given up. Can't wait to see the pics. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Maybe one of our friends at CGC can set up an interview with Comic Buyers Guide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's the grade on the NA#26? Is it nicer than the Double Action? blush.gif

Grats!

Naturally, this means we'll be seeing a few dozen New Adventure 26s on ebay in the next couple months.

Or maybe just one from DTA....

Yeah, looks like he's going to get a nasty burn out of all of this, no?

Now we all look forward to that photo you mentioned. Throw in a few obscure DCs alomg with the keys for that extra gee-whiz factor.

Oh don't worry, I was going to.

The end picture will be mindblowing, I promise, and will probably stay in internet circulation for the next fifty years.

By the way Ian, did you have to trade one of your duplicate books to get it, or did you purchase it outright?

It was a hefty price, the maximum I would have gone to, and that's what was agreed all round.

But it was a lot saner than DTA's rip-off price.

Congratulations Ian, and just when you seemed to have lost some energy for the quest. Nice to see it all wrap up happily.

I thought you'd be in San Diego.

With any luck this coming Sunday, one of the main UK newspapers is running a huge piece about the missing Doctor Who episodes. That's my next quest - to get the number missing below three figures.

Congratulations!! thumbsup2.gif I'm happy that your quest is now complete. Kudos to Scott (FFB) and Harley for being able to find the last elusive comic! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

DITTO!!!!!!!!

i've been on this ride for the past 20 months and it's been interesting, entertaining, educational and FUN.

now i think it's time you update some of those Silver Age readers......... devil.gif

all kidding aside - a truly REMARKABLE accomplishment. look forward to an in-depth article somewhere in the near future. maybe even a brief mention on the news some night...........CONGRATULATIONS............ acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Grats!

Naturally, this means we'll be seeing a few dozen New Adventure 26s on ebay in the next couple months.

Or maybe just one from DTA....

thought hadn't occurred to me yet. who the hell is going to buy that book at anything remotely close to the "Ian" asking price???????????

somebody may have walked away from a tidy little fortune, indeed............... insane.gif