• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

No, this year we're sending a smaller group to the show as there are a lot of projects to work on back home. I'm a bit sorry to miss it this year, but it's a hassle to do all that traveling, so I don't mind skipping one and waiting for next year.

As for the WHO episodes, quite frankly this is a project of yours that I'm much more excited about since you started talking about it again over on the OG board. I sincerely hope that this mission of yours is successful beyond our wildest expectations. That would be quite a gift.

And I want to see more Troughton!

Congratulations Ian, and just when you seemed to have lost some energy for the quest. Nice to see it all wrap up happily.

I thought you'd be in San Diego.

With any luck this coming Sunday, one of the main UK newspapers is running a huge piece about the missing Doctor Who episodes. That's my next quest - to get the number missing below three figures.

That's terrific Ian. Please provide us with a link to the story when it comes out.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but what bothers me about the missing episodes is the multiple copies being made and shipped out to other countries. For instance, the show was playing in 12 different provinces in Canada, while some of the Arab countries had dubbed versions (which wouldn't be a problem if found since the English audios exist). I've also read that some Troughton episodes may exist as bootlegs that are being shown on the black market in Great Britain. Since BBC is unwilling to pay large sums for the return of these episodes (since they're their own property), I just don't see many people coming forward with this information. Even though the first episode of Crusade was found in New Zealand, I still feel that Canada is the way to go. Searching some of those old stations would be a start. Of course, you're the expert in this subject, so I'll just wish you good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Excellent!

And these boards made it possible! Not just Scott / FFB's intervention, but also Shield's earlier efforts towards that once-elusive Buzzy #70. There are no doubt several others I've either forgotten about or went unsung all along.

Congratulations and well-done, everyone. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

way to go Ian...

and if I may speak for Deathlok etc, "Have a nice life, since you wont need the boards to help with your quest anymore!"

(I just couldnt resist picking up where so many of the previous Ian discussions left off!)

What's the grade on the NA#26? Is it nicer than the Double Action? blush.gif

The owner called it an Apparent Fine+, but when I saw it, it looked nicer than that. Maybe an Apparent F/VF or even VF-. The book is a stunning copy and is an outstanding specimen to cap off one of the greatest collections in history.

The real thanks need to go out to the anonymous collector (who wishes to remain anonymous) who sold the book to Ian. The collector is a true "collector" who truly loves his comics and NEVER sells them. He only agreed to sell the book to Ian because he wanted to help Ian finish his quest.

The real thanks need to go out to the anonymous collector (who wishes to remain anonymous) who sold the book to Ian. The collector is a true "collector" who truly loves his comics and NEVER sells them. He only agreed to sell the book to Ian because he wanted to help Ian finish his quest.

893applaud-thumb.gif That's going above and beyond the call. Props.

Mickelson, the Red Sox and now Ian...all that's missing is the Cubs winning it all! foreheadslap.gif

Congrats on finally finishing your completion. So is it true that you're going to slab all 32,000 DCs and have it named the Ian Levine collection? poke2.gif

Mickelson, the Red Sox and now Ian...all that's missing is the Cubs winning it all! foreheadslap.gif

Congrats on finally finishing your completion. So is it true that you're going to slab all 32,000 DCs and have it named the Ian Levine collection? poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif How much would that cost in slabbing and grading fees? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Technically he sold the book to Harley who sold it to me.

His one condition was that he remain anonymous. I gave him my word to never reveal his identity. I'm just glad you found him in the first place. We must jointly respect his wishes and keep his name out of it altogether. But he said it was okay to thank you for making contact in the first place.

Great news Ian! Congratulations and kudos to you!

Do you consider the convention exclusives, sketch covers, multiple covers and second and third printings official DC releases, or does owning one copy of each comic count? Just wondering because all those Infinite Crisis books alone make the mind boggle.

Also, have you considered putting the collection on display at a museum for a limited time? What about a digital archive of the covers? It would be a monumental task to scan all those books, but what a great resource it would be! I think you should strike a deal with the Photojournal Guide people to do another series of books based on your collection.

Finally, would you ever consider selling the entire collection? I bet you could get at least 10 million for it...