• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ZACK SNYDER: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT EVENT (3/22-3/24)
2 2

76 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder Announces The Director's Cuts

Snyder took to social media to announced a special three-day event at the ArtCenter called Zack Snyder The Director's Cuts. The event will take place on March 22nd through March 24th, with a screening each night of a Snyder film and a special Q&A session after with the director, members of the cast and crew, and special guests.

The event kicks off with a screening of Dawn of the Dead Director's Cut at 6 pm on the 22nd, and then on the 23rd, it's time for the Watchmen Director's Cut at 4 pm. On March 24th at 4 pm it's time for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice the Ultimate Edition, and we're sure a few questions regarding this film and how it originally tied into Justice League will come up during the Q&A.

Next up for Snyder is Army of the Dead and The Fountainhead, which don't have release dates as of yet.

Zack Snyder during the Watchmen Q&A was asked the question about 'That's not my comic boo

On 3/22/2019 at 6:59 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Its a shame that WB didn’t have faith in Snyder

Oh, count on it has come up a few times at this event. There was no doubt of that.

Quite a few short videos of Zack Snyder with the audience is coming out. But this one explains the Elseworlds story he was going to tell across the 5 films (Injustice: Gods Among Us).

Zack Snyder launched the DC Extended Universe with Man of Steel and since then, his divisive take on the classic comic book characters has earned both praise and disdain from fans of the source material. The debate among fans continues as some argue Marvel Studios’ have become formulaic while Zack Snyders DCEU, however flawed, at least attempted to explore different tones and story structure. Zack Snyder himself, on the other hand, noted that he loves the Avengers films but advised fans to be open to other ideas when it comes to comic book movies:

“The thing with comic book movies is… you know I’m a fan. I go and see them, and I love them. I don’t have a… you know, I go and see all the Avengers movies, and I go, and enjoy them. I love it. You don’t have to not enjoy them, but you also have to be open to other things as well.”

Zack Snyder's Worlds of DC was the perfect compliment to the MCU.

They gave us 2 sides of the same coin. I need some gravity films to go along with my buddy-cop comedies.

It's why I appreciate Age of Ultron and Infinity War immensely. With Snyder gone, I suspect that the market will be over saturated with comedic and stake-less comic book movies. Add to that - Marvel Studios plan to delve deeper into cosmic (and unrealistic) stories - and the type of comic book film you can 'feel into' becomes that more rare.

No, Zack Snyder does not think killing makes Batman cool or heroic

Rather, if you actually listen to his response, it’s easy to hear that he’s responding with some mixture of bemusement and amusement, imitating people who can’t believe his Batman (just like, I want to add, many other theatrical Batmans) killed people when he once made a film where the superheroes either literally committed mass murder or stood by and let it happen.

In fact, the quote which the internet has cleaved to with such an astonishing amount of hatred is Snyder’s impassioned — wake the f@#k up — which isn’t so much a condemnation of his critics as it is an exasperated eye-roll towards people who believe that superheroes, who are complex individuals with their own unique thoughts, feelings and motivations, must and can only be innocent.

For further analysis, let’s look at the quote when it’s actually in context:

"[Watchmen] is the end of innocence for superheroes. Superheroes are raping each other for God’s sake, they’re murdering millions of people to create world peace. So when someone says to me, “oh, Batman killed a guy,” I’m like – pffft. Like, wake the f@#k up. I guess that’s what I’m saying. Once you’ve lost your virginity to [Watchmen], and then you come and say to me, like, my superhero wouldn’t do that, I’m like are you serious? I’m like down the road."

Again, let’s remember that this is a Watchmen Q&A, so his discussion of the character of Batman is in relation to that film and its themes. Zack Snyder isn’t asking you to stop loving the things which you love, or to not enjoy the movies you enjoy.

He’s simply asking you to be open others things, too.

Zack Snyder is teasing a big moment of April 28-30th and used Darkseid to do it. With all the fervor still surrounding Zack Snyder's Justice League, fans are wondering what it could all mean. Sure, it could just be SnyderCon this year. But, another intriguing possibility is that the director could be looking to put Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice back into theaters with special screenings. Not too long ago, it was announced that Kevin Smith would be opening a new theater in New Jersey. The filmmaker would be featuring projects on-screen that he really loved. Zack Snyder's Justice League seems like a natural fit. 

Adding to this intrigue is the fact that Smith and Snyder both announced that his magnum opus would be screening at the Smodcastle Cinemas. That would be the first time that the director had screened his biggest project in theaters. Of course, this would draw out so many people to have the chance to experience it all together. (Not that there wasn't a community rejoicing when Zack Snyder's Justice League premiered on HBO Max!) Still, the possibility remains that we could see Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice on the big screen again too.