• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth it to get NM 98 signed and cgced by Nicieza?

7 posts in this topic

I have NM98, its already graded and got 8.5, however I didnt do pressing ad it was one of my first graded comics and was unsure if it was worth it.

Tomorrow Nicieza will be at a local con and CGC will have a private sgining, would it be worth it to break it out of the case, get it signed pressed and graded?

My extensive research into the topic the other day (5 minutes) showed that his signature added no value via 9.8 as slab and, in fact, sold for less than unsigned ones, BUT with liefield'S Sig too on a 9.8 #98 and 100 there is a premium that could conceivably justify it, but grading fees and Sig fees eat up most of any potential premium. (I saw no sales for 9.8 98s with just nicienza... I know you have an 8.5, 5 minutes was not enough time to research multiple grades. I spent 5 minutes on this so I am an expert.

Edited by the blob