• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Woman #1

5 posts in this topic

Behold! Spider-Woman #1! Not sure if it will show up in scan, but there is small non-color breaking crease on bottom right that goes through book. Assuming it presses out, what grade do you think it will be?

Thanks!

(Top right corner of back cover not in scan, it's cut sharp)

Slider Rabies 1.jpeg

Slider Rabies 2.jpeg

Spoiler

The back cover shows those creases better than the front - on both bottom corners (front BLC does show some color break).   Looks like some type of stain too between them in the middle.

On the front it looks like tiny tics around the staples.  And on S.W. headshot (top left of mask) under the price/issue #, is that a scanner artifact ?

Also, front cover top edge middle (between 'Marvel' & 'Comics') there's some very slight color change - not sure if that's real or pic related.

The guide I read says, for an 8.0,

possibly including some minute wear at corners. Inks are generally bright with moderate to high reflectivity. An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. Spine is almost completely flat with a possible minor color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Very slight staple tears and a few almost insignificant stress lines may be present.

Those creases are noticeable.  The staple tears I think qualify for very slight (and I know nothing...)

So I'll guess a 7.5 as is, but if pressing those corners work then 8.5

16 minutes ago, mysterymachine said:

I see a color breaking crease above the top staple. My guess would be 9.0 without a press. 9.4 with a press.

Shoulda mentioned that: It's actually a bit of stray ink.