• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF 12 - a little crispy

14 posts in this topic

I'm in the 4.0 camp as well.  I think the fact that the front and back covers are tanned on both the exterior and interior edges will cost the book one grading unit, and so taking a 4.5 structure to a 4.0.

Edited by namisgr

What actually concerns me about this book is that the tanning has progressed to the point where the edges of the cover have apparently become somewhat brittle. The telltale sign of this is not only the chipping, but that odd color that appears on the upper corner of the inside front cover. Be very careful when handling this book. If you do send it to CGC for slabbing, my advice would be to place a fragile sticker on the bag to alert anyone handling this book to be extremely careful. I would not recommend this book for pressing, either...

14 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

What actually concerns me about this book is that the tanning has progressed to the point where the edges of the cover have apparently become somewhat brittle. The telltale sign of this is not only the chipping, but that odd color that appears on the upper corner of the inside front cover. Be very careful when handling this book. If you do send it to CGC for slabbing, my advice would be to place a fragile sticker on the bag to alert anyone handling this book to be extremely careful. I would not recommend this book for pressing, either...

All great points, and 3.5 might well be a possibility. That top edge chip will jump off if the book is not handled with care.

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

True. When I pulled it out to take pics and change the bag I was like......hope that top piece doesn't fall off. I agree about the pressing, I'm sure at least a couple pieces would be gone after the process. Surprisingly when handling it the cover doesn't feel real brittle. Thanks for the comments all.