• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden age and various comics for sale LB Cole covers, Crime, Atlas,Captain Marvel, Jimmy Olsen 1, The Spirit, Jungle, Wings, War & romance comics. NOW 10% OFF, OR 15% IF YOU ALREADY MADE A PURCHASE.CLOSING AT 1PM PACIFIC TIME TODAY
6 6

192 posts in this topic

Love Letters 49 Quality Romance and that's true as this has Baker art inside. Crease upper corner. There's a small loose piece at top of spine. Stain at top, but the black on the cover is still really nice. As Baker covers go up, I find that collectors are chasing the interior work he's done.  F $100. SOLD

love letters 49 a.jpg

love letters 49 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Just now, oceans11 said:

Love Letters 49 Quality Romance and that's true as this has Baker art inside. Crease upper corner. There's a small loose piece at top of spine. Stain at top, but the black on the cover is still really nice. As Baker covers go up, I find that collectors are chasing the interior work he's done.  F $100.

love letters 49 a.jpg

love letters 49 b.jpg

take

Lovers 38 Atlas romance. The cover is decent with good colors and the staining in the white of the title. Still it's a beautiful Hartley cover with Connie going for some back seat action. The writing on the back cover in pencil hinders this but the 3" rip down the back cover knocks this down. Would've been higher but VG $45

lovers 38 a.jpg

lovers 38 b.jpg

Sweetheart Diary 48 Charlton Romance Really nice shape. The entry form is there, but I'm pretty sure the contest to win the Buster Crabbe swimming pool is over, otherwise I'd be entering and this wouldn't be for sale. lol. VF $25

Sweetheart Diary 48 a.jpg

sweetheart diary 48 b.jpg

Dell Four Color 539 Ben and Me. Piece missing from corner and spin tics, but this just has a cool nostalgia factor for me. I loved Disney stories like this when I was younger. Lower grade reader here that's VG but I'm pricing it cheap at $5.

four color 539 a.jpg

four color 539 b.jpg

Bit of a scanning break here but I'll be back this afternoon with some more war, those Wings, a few more romance books, some more Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr, a couple Rangers, and those cheap Looney Toons books. Stay tuned ..

55 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Real Love 26 Little wear on the spine .Small split at the bottom spine and non color breaking crease at the bottom underneath bottom staple. Would benefit from a dry cleaning. I should just press and grade this one. F $100

real love 26 a.jpg

:takeit: per PM.  THANK YOU Don!  You and Rick are not making it easy on me right now.  I'm supposed to be saving for ECCC.

3 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

:takeit: per PM.  THANK YOU Don!  You and Rick are not making it easy on me right now.  I'm supposed to be saving for ECCC.

Winnah! Great book that you grabbed. And I completely agree, Rick's posts are definitely dangerous to the wallet and bad if you're trying to save money. Thank you for the pick up here.

Edited by oceans11

Spy Cases 5. Beat. This is another mess similar to some of the other one's I've posted. Readable but that spine is just so bad. It was passed on to me by a fellow boardie so I'm paying it forward.

Free to anyone who has bought something. Post to claim it.

spy a.jpg

Girls Romances 52. National Romance. There's a good size tear that runs horizontal on the cover, about 2", and goes right through the girl on the carriage. But it's a crying girl cover, which is such a romance staple. G $20.

girls romances 52 a.jpg

girls romances 52 b.jpg

Girls Love Stories 75 National Lower staple discolored and migration. Small tear by lower staple, small tears on spine. Bit of spine roll. Gorgeous pink cover. VG $40

girls love 75 a.jpg

girls love 75 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Captain Marvel Jr 82  Fawcett vibrant yellow cover with the showdown with the buccaneer. There's a bit of a dust shadow on the left hand side of the book. This will show up on the next two books also. All came from the same collection so it was a storing issue. Piece missing from back top corner.  Otherwise flat and nice. VG $45

captain marvel jr 82 a.jpg

captain marvel jr 82 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11