How do you store your slabs?
2 2

68 posts in this topic

834 posts

It would be cool to see CGC themselves recommend a way of storing their slabs. After all, they designed them.

3,989 posts
On 3/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, Kon_Jelly said:

You see damage like that in books that have been slabbed? And the slabs are undamaged as well? 

It sounds more like paranoia than documented reasoning to store the slabs spine down. I mean no judgement if that's the way you want to do it, but I'd like to see some actual evidence/data before I throw out my storage cases. 

I have yet to see documented proof of damage to books stored vertically in slabs. I'll change my mind when I see pictures. 

3,989 posts
38 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

It would be cool to see CGC themselves recommend a way of storing their slabs. After all, they designed them.

Have you read the thread? lol 

The CGC recommends storing them vertically. 

319 posts

Just started using these. Love 'em! Relatively tough, secure lid with slide "locks", includes one divider that snaps in (they're solid and you can buy  more divders separately).  They are stackable with a peg and hole to keep them stacked. BCW graded bins.

Click here to see them.

20190320_210303.jpg

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

834 posts
9 hours ago, newshane said:

Have you read the thread? lol 

The CGC recommends storing them vertically. 

I have seen many people saying that CGC recommends it this way but it all seems to be links with conversations about the same things. Is there a link to where CGC somewhere on their site addresses this issue?

110 posts

So I got the Diamond bags from eBay and for me, these are the best ones so far!

• I can make a perfect flat edge with the flap
  • Looks really good yet pliable (yup made of Mylar still)
  • The resealable adhesive works really well and looks real slick, no more playing with tape

Here are some photos including how it looks in the BCW bin (if you noticed the bagged one in the bin on the far left is the old one, right is the Diamond one):

I still owe you guys a review of the archival stand - waiting to receive mine in the mail!

IMG_20190323_142435.jpg

IMG_20190323_142610.jpg

138 posts
On 3/20/2019 at 11:16 PM, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

Just started using these. Love 'em! Relatively tough, secure lid with slide "locks", includes one divider that snaps in (they're solid and you can buy  more divders separately).  They are stackable with a peg and hole to keep them stacked. BCW graded bins.

Click here to see them.

20190320_210303.jpg

I recently made this switch a few months ago and will never turn back. I will add that I definitely don't recommend the bins made for raw books. They're too wide and the issues tend to shift around easily. 

32,930 posts

Upright in CGC shortboxes.  I've had slabs for over 10 years and not observed any problem with the bottom front or back covers.  It's not as though the comics have free movement within the inner wells.