• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Where did you get your doctorate in time travel? I am stuck in the house in a snowstorm, I might have extra time on my hands. stark figured out the mechanics of it in like 2 hours, right?

If you don't think beyond the norm, your concepts will be limited to that framework. Think of atoms as transformers that work in unison to form a universal power grid. This concept tends to make people think of the universe as holographic, but it's density can shift just like Vision's power. Sometimes the atoms form as solids but are constantly evolving to form new structures. Different vibratory frequencies make the atoms spin at different rates. Microwaves heat things by creating friction within the atoms of the radiated area. I got sucked into the technical aspect of how things actually work from watching MacGyver.

Edited by chezmtghut

33 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It really is annoying the amount of people on social media that got upset Disney+ didn't drop it all in one sitting. Probably the same folks that blew up over The Boys Season Two spreading out the release cycle.

Sometimes enjoying the slow burn toward the reveal is part of the fun later on. It allows for much more discussion throughout versus everything happening in one shot. And all those spoilers that get revealed far too soon.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It really is annoying the amount of people on social media that got upset Disney+ didn't drop it all in one sitting. Probably the same folks that blew up over The Boys Season Two spreading out the release cycle.

Sometimes enjoying the slow burn toward the reveal is part of the fun later on. It allows for much more discussion throughout versus everything happening in one shot. And all those spoilers that get revealed far too soon.

I am encouraged that my 9 year old is excited by the show and his main point of irritation is that the episodes are too darn short, which I agree with. All this anticipation and they should have made these 1 hour shows.

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think this model is here to stay.  You get more buzz when people can talk about their theories of what Ozymandias is up to/who the head popper is/if Wanda is the big bad or not.  If you drop everything at once it ends up getting much less buzz.

Depends on the show.  If it's a slow burn or a mystery like this one is I prefer week-to-week.  If it's a suspense thriller with a ton of cliffhangers I want it all at once.

The worst show I've ever seen to watch week-to-week is 24.  LOVED that show, but the only way I ever watched it was full seasons in a binge.  No way could I take that show over a year, too annoying.

Just rewatched Episode 4 last night... and (forgive me if this has been discussed here, but I didn't notice it) one detail that I, at least, overlooked that I think might be a key in how Vision ultimately is brought back into the MCU?

Captain Rambeau's clothing

It's all well and good that Wanda is creating this world and altering matter inside the bubble, but when Rambeau is expelled from the town she is wearing the 80s clothing she was wearing in the current "episode"... NOT the S.W.O.R.D. clothing she'd gone in with. So does that mean a "living" Vision, if he passed through the barrier somehow (or was expelled) would then be "living" outside it? 

Don't know.  I'm just thinking that if she'd come out in her original outfit it would have meant a very different set of rules... so this might be something to consider.

1 minute ago, fmaz said:

Just rewatched Episode 4 last night... and (forgive me if this has been discussed here, but I didn't notice it) one detail that I, at least, overlooked that I think might be a key in how Vision ultimately is brought back into the MCU?

Captain Rambeau's clothing

It's all well and good that Wanda is creating this world and altering matter inside the bubble, but when Rambeau is expelled from the town she is wearing the 80s clothing she was wearing in the current "episode"... NOT the S.W.O.R.D. clothing she'd gone in with. So does that mean a "living" Vision, if he passed through the barrier somehow (or was expelled) would then be "living" outside it? 

Don't know.  I'm just thinking that if she'd come out in her original outfit it would have meant a very different set of rules... so this might be something to consider.

The rescue line which had become a jump rope also kept it's form when it went out of the bubble.  But the question is whether Vision is 'alive' in the bubble, or just being puppeted by Wanda.

6 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

The rescue line which had become a jump rope also kept it's form when it went out of the bubble.  But the question is whether Vision is 'alive' in the bubble, or just being puppeted by Wanda.

Oooh good catch on that rescue line. I forgot about that.

I think I'm pretty strongly on the side that Vision is acting with some sort of sentience... as at least once Wanda had to "rewind" things when he was getting close to figuring things out.  If he was merely a puppet, that would never be the case, right? Nor would he ever try to escape as in that clip (although clips can obviously be misleading).  But I can see how people might think otherwise.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Depends on the show.  If it's a slow burn or a mystery like this one is I prefer week-to-week.  If it's a suspense thriller with a ton of cliffhangers I want it all at once.

The worst show I've ever seen to watch week-to-week is 24.  LOVED that show, but the only way I ever watched it was full seasons in a binge.  No way could I take that show over a year, too annoying.

Fair point.

Streaming shows like HBO Max's 'The Flight Attendant' or 'Search Party' really don't have to drag out to be watchable. Just release them and watch the chatter go for a period of time. While others have so much spoiler content with middle episodes it is better to drag it out.

6 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

What happened to the 'bee' man?

She reversed time when he came up through the sewer, and I don't remember if they showed what happened to him in the new timestream.

Why were there bees around him?  He wore the outfit because he was in the sewer, but the bees seem surrealistically bizarre and suggest that what's happening in Westview isn't entirely real even by whatever new rules for reality Wanda or her captor may have created.

I liked episode four a lot! Some points to add on from what I thought after last episode....

1. I’m betting the FF are the “failed” programs or missions mentioned. How easy would it be to “find” these astronauts and bring them home with powers and bam, you have the FF in the MCU.

2. I really think this show will finish with confirmation of mutants, specifically Magneto and or Professor X. I think “Voodoo Child” playing at the end is a nod to Wanda having a father

And some questions I still have or that came up

1. Where did those cops do who were outside of Westview? Is Wanda controlling them to deter people from entering the town? If so they aren’t doing a great job....maybe with her focus on so much she forgets about them?

2. Where is the agent who went in underground?

3. If Vision is a figment of Wandas world, how come he seems to think for himself? That scene last episode with Agnes and the neighbour guy had purpose that I hope is answered.

4. I don’t for a second trust the current leader of SWORD. Not for a second. If he’s not a double agent I don’t know who is.

5. Are the people in the town part of a real town who Wanda is controlling? Did Wanda kidnap them for roles in her world? Did they wander in and she assigned them a role?

Edited by comicginger1789

3 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

If Vision is a figment of Wandas world, how come he seems to think for himself? That scene last episode with Agnes and the neighbour guy had purpose that I hope is answered.

2 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I was wondering the something.

I think Vision is a Wanda created AI who mimics Vision very well. When she gets close to figuring something wrong Wanted Changes the show

7 minutes ago, Ares said:

I think Vision is a Wanda created AI who mimics Vision very well. When she gets close to figuring something wrong Wanted Changes the show

True but nothing changed when Vision was talking to the neighbours. Like why have that moment? Wanda was inside realizing that Geraldine was not supposed to be there....why did we see the neighbour and Agnes trying to tell him?

He seems too independent to just be a total figment of her imagination....

57 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:
1 hour ago, Ares said:

True but nothing changed when Vision was talking to the neighbours. Like why have that moment? Wanda was inside realizing that Geraldine was not supposed to be there....why did we see the neighbour and Agnes trying to tell him?

He seems too independent to just be a total figment of her imagination....

He said he thinks Vision is a "Wanda created AI," so that means a real android, not a figment.  Vision was already AI, so he's saying she re-created him.

But when he said "we can go anywhere" in episode 4 she looked sad and said they couldn't, implying that whatever he is only works in her altered reality.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

He said he thinks Vision is a "Wanda created AI," so that means a real android, not a figment.  Vision was already AI, so he's saying she re-created him.

But when he said "we can go anywhere" in episode 4 she looked sad and said they couldn't, implying that whatever he is only works in her altered reality.

But then why does she see his dead face? If he was a robot that wouldn’t happen. She saw his face during a moment where she kind of lost a grip and, to me, it seemed like she pauses and put her head down to regain focus so when she looked back up, Vision was restored to his normal appearance. 

15 hours ago, the blob said:

Where did you get your doctorate in time travel? I am stuck in the house in a snowstorm, I might have extra time on my hands. stark figured out the mechanics of it in like 2 hours, right?

No. His model suggests that he'd been leisurely working on the concept, likely ever since he returned to Earth. I think it's safe to assume that it took him 5 years.