• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

A book has to move for you to enjoy a show!?!?!?!?!?! So you are watching hoping it will cause a book to spike and you can make more money!?!?!?!?

What a weird world we live in....

My trust fund never materialized (thanks a lot mom and dad! (RIP)) so money still matters. Though I am not sure why Avengers 54 would be impacted. He doesn't have a role in the show and they're probably not bringing back Ultron any time soon unless there is a way to permanently neuter his ability to take over nukes and everything. I was more hoping the Wanda / Vision wedding issue would pop more. I have a lot of those.

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

At the end of the day, you can enjoy this show without having a clue who Agatha Harkness is...you can get the sense that Agnes in the show might be someone or up to something. But I highly doubt someone who knows nothing about her is going to see that revealed (IF it even happens) and be like "OH MY GOD ITS AN OLD LADY CHARACTER!!! I HAVE TO BUY HER FIRST APPEARANCE NOW!!!!

The fact that people are paying $50-100+ for her first appearance is hilarious. A book like that, sure for an FF collector is neat to have but she is far from a major character and it just goes to show the craziness that exists. And usually, it is someone under 35 buying books for these prices, thinking they can grade and get a great grade and sell for double what they paid.

Good luck with that.

I don't have an OPG in front of me, but I suspect a VF or better copy is $50+ in guide without the show and it was a minor key before that. I mean this one sold for $200 outside of a slab before the Wandavision hype: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-94-1st-Agatha-Harkness-VF-NM-Cond/313342253577?hash=item48f4a75a09:g:xHwAAOSwHHtf1t5W

$96: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-94-FN-6-5-1-Book-1st-Agatha-Harkness-Franklin-Richards-Is-Name/193844603630?hash=item2d2209eaee:g:GscAAOSwp29f-5NU

Unlike Defenders 112, which was worth 25 cents 2 months ago and is now and is now $25-$50 on the hope that Dottie is Arcanna (who is not even on the cover of Defenders 112!), FF 94 already wasn't cheap for a variety of reasons.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

I don't have an OPG in front of me, but I suspect a VF or better copy is $50+ in guide without the show and it was a minor key before that. I mean this one sold for $200 outside of a slab before the Wandavision hype: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-94-1st-Agatha-Harkness-VF-NM-Cond/313342253577?hash=item48f4a75a09:g:xHwAAOSwHHtf1t5W

$96: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-94-FN-6-5-1-Book-1st-Agatha-Harkness-Franklin-Richards-Is-Name/193844603630?hash=item2d2209eaee:g:GscAAOSwp29f-5NU

Unlike Defenders 112, which was worth 25 cents 2 months ago and is now and is now $25-$50 on the hope that Dottie is Arcanna (who is not even on the cover of Defenders 112!), FF 94 already wasn't cheap for a variety of reasons.

True it is a late Silver Age book so it still had value. I still think it’s being bought for more than it should be but I agree that Defenders issue is a better example.

3 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I agree it is a plausible theory and makes some sense but it’s a deep dive. I was simply acknowledging that I believe it had an effect on the market, whether intentional or not, and that has me curious.

As someone who has these issues, maybe I should rejoice and just sell them for this insane amount but I more so feel for someone trying to get into Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver history and now they have to pay $40-50 for that issue because everyone is now listing it as “1st Chthon” like it matters.....

Get a beater if you just want to read it/own it.

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

True it is a late Silver Age book so it still had value. I still think it’s being bought for more than it should be but I agree that Defenders issue is a better example.

sure. but i expected to find it in my endless supply of books pulled out of dollar boxes since 1993 and I have not found a copy yet, but plenty of issues around it, so maybe it was in $2 boxes that were too rich for my blood.

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I guess the “what you collect sucks” has changed to “why you watch the show sucks” And “how you enjoy the show sucks”

bravo!

Hec, I've not seen a minute of this show.  But even before I saw your #12 sell on mebay I'd pulled my 1-12 run for a closer inspection simply because I skim this thread from time to time. ; )   Talk about an amazing phenomenon of the short shelf life of a 'hot key on ebay,' who knows, in another few months the whole set might go back to being dollar-bin fodder again.  Information is power, or at the very least, it can lead to a few extra bucks.

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

paul bettany is just too damned good looking. 

I was thinking he looks really old right and frail right there. Needs a touch of make up. His wife is too damn beautiful, even at 50. 

6 hours ago, the blob said:

I was thinking he looks really old right and frail right there. Needs a touch of make up. His wife is too damn beautiful, even at 50. 

Jennifer Connelly 10+ years ago is one of my all-time crushes.  Over the last five years or so she looks to be suffering from anorexia.

He ain't lying. Though it just continues the mystery in a more modern setting.

Spoiler

Pietro seen dead was creepy

Wanda did say to avoid going past Ellis Avenue, the edge of town

It was interesting Wanda mentions Kick-Azz (the film both actors starred in)

Edited by Bosco685