• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cozmo-One said:

Saw online that someone theorized that since we don't see the full tatoo, it might actually say "HOM" for House of M...but probably a stretch

Looks like "MOM" to me.

QuicksilverTattoo.thumb.png.61aa48ff3b58ce2230f30c260fbd6fb0.png

13 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Do you recall where you saw Bettany say these things?

The major actor is probably Benedict Cumberbatch, I don't recall Vision and Strange being in any scenes together in any MCU films to date.  And if the last episodes convert to full superhero action there are only three left, so one would assume that episode 7 will be the last one where we're mostly in the Wandavision world.

Here's my prediction for episode 7, and it references the minor, unconfirmed spoiler I mentioned a few days ago, so I'll hide it below.  ALL of it is informed guessing, so any of it, all of it, or NONE of it could be true, but it's solid info so I'll be surprised if most or all of it doesn't end up happening.

Reveal hidden contents

Mephisto gets revealed at the end of the episode and Strange makes his entrance.  I feel about 70% - 80% sure about the Mephisto reveal, but Strange may not come in, that's an educated guess that could easily be wrong.

I got second confirmation from another toy retailer who posts in another forum I participate in that Hasbro will be revealing their Disney Plus action figures next Friday, and I'm still guessing Mephisto will be one of them.  Usually Hasbro announces these product reveal dates 2+ weeks in advance, but they still are keeping the fact that they're revealing these action figures next Friday a secret to the general public.  They've told toy retailers about it so that they can put pre-orders for the toys up on their web sites.  The reason Hasbro has kept these things quiet in the past is because Marvel has told them to do so, so I'm sure Disney has given them February 19th as the earliest reveal of their Disney Plus action figures as well.

I said the same thing to someone today... I bet Dr Strange comes in at the end and this leads into Dr Strange 2. 

10 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

that would be amazing.  Btw, is it true that all  the spidermen are showing up in the multiverse movie?  

Holland denies it but if you know Holland's knack for spoiling things, Disney and Sony may have decided not to tell him that they are in it.

Supposedly Kirsten Dunst and Tobey are a lock. 

Spent some time looking at what Nightmare can do, and while he's virtually omniscient within his own realm I can't see that he's capable of what we're seeing done in Westview that falls outside of the scope of Wanda's powers as they have been defined within the comics and films to date.  He can't reverse time, he can't broadcast Wandavision, he can't create those commercials, and he can't create a sapient synthezoid--all he can do is haunt people with illusions from his dream realm.

You'd think that if Nightmare were an antagonist that we would have had some kind of dream sequence at some point by some character during the first six episodes, but I can't think of anything that qualifies as a dream that the person woke up from.  If the big bad is Nightmare, he's coming from about as far from left field as I can imagine.

Edited by fantastic_four

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Spent some time looking at what Nightmare can do, and while he's virtually omniscient within his own realm I can't see that he's capable of what we're seeing done in Westview that falls outside of the scope of Wanda's powers as they have been defined within the comics and films to date.  He can't reverse time, he can't broadcast Wandavision, he can't create those commercials, and he can't create a sapient synthezoid--all he can do is haunt people with illusions from his dream realm.

You'd think that if Nightmare were an antagonist that we would have had some kind of dream sequence at some point by some character during the first six episodes, but I can't think of anything that qualifies as a dream that the person woke up from.  If the big bad is Nightmare, he's coming from about as far from left field as I can imagine.

What if everything we’ve been watching thus far is but a dream...

WandaVision viewers continue to speculate about the identity of the aerospace engineer contacted by S.W.O.R.D. Captain Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris), with some believing the mystery man will reveal himself as Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four.

When investigating the Westview anomaly seemingly instigated by Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) in Episode 5, Monica tells astrophysicist Dr. Darcy Lewis (Kat Dennings) and FBI Agent Jimmy Woo (Randall Park) that she knows an aerospace engineer who would be up for the challenge of figuring out a way to be protected while going back inside the "Hex" surrounding Westview, New Jersey.

After texting this unnamed person in Episode 5, Monica reports in Episode 6 that her way back into the irradiated Hex — an armored vehicle — is an hour away. "Just gotta meet my guy over the ridge," Monica says, resolving to go back inside despite Darcy's warnings that her two trips through the boundary have already rewritten her cells on a molecular level.

As WandaVision gears up to reveal the mystery person in Episode 7 — which might be the mockumentary-styled episode paying homage to modern sitcoms like The Office and Modern Family — fans are sharing theories Monica's contact is the big-brained leader of the Fantastic Four, played by fan-favorite pick John Krasinski.

Best known for roles in The Office and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Krasinski has long been rumored for the role of Mister Fantastic and has repeatedly expressed interest in playing the stretchy superhero. In March, Krasinski told ComicBook.com he "would love" to play a rebooted Reed Richards but added he's "had no conversations" with Marvel Studios or MCU master planner Kevin Feige.

Shortly after, in April 2020, the Disney-owned studio reportedly met with Krasinski for a "multitude of projects." It's unclear if the rumored meeting was for an acting role or a behind-the-camera role after the success of A Quiet Place, directed by Krasinski and starring his wife Emily Blunt — also a fan-favorite pick to play Susan Richards, Reed's wife and the superhero called the Invisible Woman.

In the Marvel comics, Reed's greatest power is his genius-level intellect and his mastery of science and other fields, including aviation, robotics, and quantum physics. When Reed, Susan, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm are exposed to cosmic radiation, the team of explorers uses their superhuman powers throughout universes as the Fantastic Four.

Interestingly enough, Episode Six of the series has two distinct moments when characters flat-out say nightmare. Sure, they aren't talking about the character himself — at least not as of yet — but rather using the word in casual conversation. It's the last instance we feel may have something to do with Wanda and the entrance of a big bad.

It's a moment in which Wanda and Quicksilver (Evan Peters) are sitting down in the Town Square during the Halloween celebration. They're having a heart-to-heart when Pietro reveals he knows a decent amount about what's going on. He knows the kids in town haven't always been around, so he specifically asks his sister where he's been keeping them.

He hypothesizes that they've been asleep and applauds his sister for choosing to keep families together within WandaWorld. He even goes the length to say what Wanda's doing here is much better than "giving people nightmares" and "shooting red wiggly-woos" out of her hands.

I thought it was odd when Pietro stood behind Wanda so when she turned around she would be scared and surprised. hm

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

HAHA that's great.  Sadly neither of those ruggedly handsome clowns are me.

BUT.... this next week..... I'll be in the mix somewhere.

:applause:

One of the really creative scenes is when the helicopter gets sucked in and on the other side becomes a hot air balloon. Although that entire event was extremely well done.