• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

The lack of mcu/dceu movies, and therefore "exciting" news, has everyone jonesing for a new character...big time.

Oh yes, I agree!

While Ultron would be cool to see again, I would honestly be a little disappointed if he's the puppet master in the show. As others have noted, this doesn't quite seem like his MO.
I'd also be surprised if Wanda was solely responsible for everything we're seeing (hex-bubble, Vision, broadcast, etc.)

I give Kudos to Marvel/Disney for getting us all hooked. Now I'm just hoping they can close the deal well in these last few episodes, and lead into Dr. Strange with intrigue so we're all salivating for that movie.

34 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

The lack of mcu/dceu movies, and therefore "exciting" news, has everyone jonesing for a new character...big time.

The WandaVision phenomenon has more than filled the gap for my MCU appetite. The anticipation I have for each new episode might rival the anticipation I had for Endgame. Maybe not, but it's close.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The WandaVision phenomenon has more than filled the gap for my MCU appetite. The anticipation I have for each new episode might rival the anticipation I had for Endgame. Maybe not, but it's close.

It's not quite Infinity War/Endgame for me, but it is remarkable how much I crave each episode, and think about theories about the show. Whether that's more due to the quality of the show or the lack of other content is up for debate, but the former is definitely present.

24 minutes ago, Muno42 said:

Hulk threw Ultron out of the Quinjet. Unlikely there was one hiding somewhere, although Ultron seeding himself into the Quinjet computer before he was tossed makes sense.

It’s easy to just not think about it and accept that autopilot just took Hulk and the QuinJet into outer space and beyond and move on to Ragnarok, but the idea of Ultron’s programming taking over the Jet’s controls and leaving Earth to avoid Vision makes sense, too, maybe more so to me.

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm going to amend my above post and suggest that instead of Wanda rebuilding this universe's Mind Stone, the dark power that Wanda may be drawing from to augment her powers may actually be a Mind Stone from another universe, and perhaps the Multiversal being I think is Mephisto has made it accessible to Wanda for her purpose while really fulfilling his purpose, which I think is for her to have a child it can either control or possess or something, maybe a little like a demon possession ghost story, but with a MCU twist. That's my final answer.

Mephisto is from another dimension, but my understanding is that each universe has multiple dimensions and that's not the same thing as a different universe within a multiverse.  I've never heard of Mephisto having the power to traverse universes within the multiverse--have you?

The only character I've heard of myself who has the power to go to different universes within the multiverse is Shuma-Gorath.  I'm sure there are others, but I don't know who they are.

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Mephisto is from another dimension, but my understanding is that each universe has multiple dimensions and that's not the same thing as a different universe within a multiverse.  I've never heard of Mephisto having the power to traverse universes within the multiverse--have you?

The only character I've heard of myself who has the power to go to different universes within the multiverse is Shuma-Gorath.  I'm sure there are others, but I don't know who they are.

I figure Marvel Studios can make it whatever they want to make it. Dormammu was the same situation from the comics to the movies, I believe. Making different dimensions as  just part of the Multiverse makes it simpler for the movies.

45 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Also, I’m theorizing that Mephisto can’t simply travel to our universe which is perhaps the reason for the Hexagon and Wanda’s children as perhaps some sort of proxy or Multiversal bridge. Just a theory. 

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 2/10/2021 at 8:45 AM, jsilverjanet said:

That comic book speculators are betting on Chthon being the villain as it has more direct ties to Wanda (Avengers 185-187) and those comics are selling at the moment 

So you're saying that I shouldn't have included that copy of 87 as a freebie in a lot of West Coast Avengers I sold last week? (It was beat to hell and missing a piece from the back cover; probably still worthless)

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Hasn't Mephisto been crossing over from other multiverses in comics for the past year? It was what basically kicked off the Age of Khonshu as only Moon Knight was aware that an infinite amount of Mephitos would be crossing into their universe (even after he had killed the main universes Mephisto) 

WANDAVISION LEAKS REVEAL

ISN'T THE VILLAIN YOU EXPECT

An intriguing new leak proposes the most popular theory regarding Agnes's identity is wrong, or at least isn't the entire story. Let's dissect.

Reddit leaker u/SookieIsMine84 has made numerous claims regarding where WandaVision is going in the future. Though the leaks remain unconfirmed, they did correctly predict Evan Peters would play an alternate version of Wanda's brother. It seems like a no-brainer now, but there was a lot of speculation at the time the actor would play someone else.

In a recent roundup of their leaks, Reddit user u/Brine_DudeGaming summed up leaks ranging from the multiverse theory and a possible Magneto cameo. The roundup pointed out a key leak — the actual villain of the series is none other than Agnes herself.

This isn't that surprising, even before WandaVision premiered rumors have been swirling that Agnes isn't just a "nosy neighbor" but is in fact Wanda's mentor (and Fantastic 4 babysitter) Agatha Harkness. I mean, the clue's in the name: Agatha Harkness.

But that's not all. According to this leak, Agnes is the villain, but she's secretly a gender-swapped version of the classic comics villain Nightmare.

This directly opposes the most popular WandaVision villain theory, which claims Mephisto, the Marvel universe's equivalent to the Devil, is actually behind Westview. This theory, however popular it is, doesn't hold up to the strictest scrutiny. One of Marvel's biggest markets, China, banned any media that "promotes cults or superstition." A depiction of the devil in a post-Satanic Panic world may mean Mephisto is off the table.