• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

"People"? If it came back for a season 2 zillions of people would be excited and watch it.  It would again be the top show in TV unless. A few people didn't like it, a few more were irritated by the end (possibly because they did some comic spec). You can't make everyone happy. Some people didn't like how Avengers Endgame wrapped up too. A lot of "people" complained about Joker and Captain Marvel. DC and Marvel have a billion+ reasons to not care. Heck, some people hated Black Panther. $1.3+ billions to not care. Seriously, I read reviews basically saying Joker was a piece of garbage. 

O... Kay...?

A lot of people couldn't care less about stuff like the fake kids, no compunction for her (Wanda's) actions, the multiple deus ex machina (ex. rebel SWORD delivering vehicle), no explanation for seemingly-important plots (ex. Hayward), etc lol. Sure, some of the Vision stuff is touching, but the show peaked mid-season. And, sure, there will likely always be MCU shills who eat up absolutely anything with Marvel's logo on it. That doesn't form a good excuse, though.

13 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

O... Kay...?

A lot of people couldn't care less about stuff like the fake kids, no compunction for her (Wanda's) actions, the multiple deus ex machina (ex. rebel SWORD delivering vehicle), no explanation for seemingly-important plots (ex. Hayward), etc lol. Sure, some of the Vision stuff is touching, but the show peaked mid-season. And, sure, there will likely always be MCU shills who eat up absolutely anything with Marvel's logo on it. That doesn't form a good excuse, though.

😞 

4 minutes ago, piper said:

😞

I know, you like it. That's fine. Not trying to ruin anything for you. There are many criticisms by many people, though. Maybe none of those points affect the show for you. That's okay. :foryou:

Edited by Angel of Death

16 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I know, you like it. That's fine. Not trying to ruin anything for you. There are many criticisms by many people, though. Maybe none of those points affect the show for you. That's okay. :foryou:

The point is you are in the minority. Possibly a pretty small minority. But your posts seem to try to imply that you aren't and that there is some consensus that the show was bad, like Justice League or Dark Phoenix was bad, when no such consensus exists at all. That's my point. And there's nothing wrong with having a minority view. Lots of us have minority views on far more important topics than a silly TV show. I'm not trying to tell you your opinion is wrong. 

The finale of Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+ last week opened up the floodgates for merch related to Wanda Maximoff's long-awaited transformation into the Scarlet Witch. Now Diamond Select Toys has chimed in with a 7-inch Scarlet Witch Marvel Select figure that features a fantastic likeness of Elizabeth Olsen. Pre-orders are live on Amazon now for $29.99 with a release date slated for September. There's a good chance that the figure sells out quickly, so reserve one while you can.

The Marvel Select Scarlet Witch figure features 16 points of articulation and a solid version of the costume that everyone loves, though the colors aren't spot on to what we saw on screen. Still, it's better than the Scarlet Witch doll that Disney released. It's even better than the Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch figure that debuted on Entertainment Weekly and is set to hit Walmart in the coming days.

As much as I enjoyed the 9 weeks of anticipation and such, I think I'm with AOD in one sense, given that we're not going to see a season 2, or if we do it will be in so long we'll have forgotten all of this, I'm actually ready to move on and stop caring. Kind of like i stopped paying attention to GOT a week or two after the finale. If Dr, Strange 2 gives us any more clarification that will be great. We're not going to see it in any of the other Marvel TV shows this year and Marvel just moves too darn slow to fill a demand quickly, like banging out a six episode Agatha series or a "rise of SWORD" show .... clearly we can pretty much ignore the last 4 seasons of SHIELD as having no connection to the MCU, including Ghost RIder hiding the Darkhold anywhere. Heck, even a "tales of the blip" might be interesting because it isn't like everything stopped happening for 5 years. Maybe Charlie Cox's Daredevil can represent Wanda when she gets sued for mind trapping all those people?

Jac Schaeffer is teasing a future bond between the newly revealed Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkens. The WandaVision writer had an interview with ET where she hints that fans will not have seen the last of Agatha and Wanda together. That finale revealed that Scarlet Witch bested her teacher by turning that rune lesson against her. In the end, Wanda decided to keep Agatha prisoner in Westview until she needed her again. It’s pretty clear that Kathryn Hahn’s character is absolutely going to return in another MCU vehicle, maybe even as soon as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. However, that’s for the future, and it was important for Schaeffer and her team to be able to close the door on Wanda’s full story for this series. That means, no Thelma and Louise for the two magical ladies for now.

“There was a lot of conversation about that kind of thing. It's very hard to write supervillains in any of these properties because you want them to feel fully realized. In my opinion, the secret is you have to identify with them. If you can understand their POV, then you sympathize with them, and then it's more complex and you're more engaged and that's the way to do it,” The head writer explained.

15 hours ago, the blob said:

The point is you are in the minority. Possibly a pretty small minority. But your posts seem to try to imply that you aren't and that there is some consensus that the show was bad, like Justice League or Dark Phoenix was bad, when no such consensus exists at all. That's my point. And there's nothing wrong with having a minority view. Lots of us have minority views on far more important topics than a silly TV show. I'm not trying to tell you your opinion is wrong. 

80% of audiences 'like' Justice League. So, I think that you supported my point? "Like" and "bad" are 2 different things. However, I know plenty of people who "liked" and rated the show early-on that are not satisfied with the way things wrapped up.

Edited by Angel of Death

43 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

"Like" and "bad" are 2 different things.

Where does this leave our understanding of the Boards' 'like' function?

Edited by TupennyConan

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

80% of audiences 'like' Justice League. So, I think that you supported my point? "Like" and "bad" are 2 different things. However, I know plenty of people who "liked" and rated the show early-on that are not satisfied with the way things wrapped up.

While I am sure they exist, I have not read a good review or even comment about Justice League. I'm not sure who on rotten tomatoes is saying they liked it, but I doubt the methodology because 64% liked Dark Phoenix and that is impossible!!!! 

Wandavision had a huge group of hardcore viewers excitedly splicing and dicing and discussing every detail of the show every week. Final episodes of any fine show rarely make everyone happy. Should we throw GOT out because the last couple of episodes left us empty? Wandavision wasn't even close to that. Honestly, it's pretty close to where most folks thought it was going. We thought there might be another big baddie, and possibly a hero or someone helping Wanda, but the end result would have been the same, the big baddie wouldn't have won, they would have been sent back to their dimension or whatever.

20 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

O... Kay...?

SPOT ON.

The further into the series you got, the tid-bits became annoyingly unnecessary and convoluted, adding NOTHING to the show.  Sub-plot avoidance, meaningless diversions, writing that was - at times -flat out boring and so much more.  I initially championed the show, however after the last three episodes I was officially annoyed.  The series is a parody of itself, nothing taken seriously, all smoke and mirrors.

Edited by sagekilz

18 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

SPOT ON.

The further into the series you got, the tid-bits became annoyingly unnecessary and convoluted, adding NOTHING to the show.  Sub-plot avoidance, meaningless diversions, writing that was - at times -flat out boring and so much more.  I initially championed the show, however after the last three episodes I was officially annoyed.  The series is a parody of itself, nothing taken seriously, all smoke and mirrors.

Pretty much. This show sacrifices personal responsibility and mental health on the behalf of feigned grief acceptance. It's frustrating how shallow it is.

What am I going to watch tonight? I already miss the show and all the speculative you tube videos.

I’m glad the new series (Falcon & Winter Soldier) starts in a week’s time.

2 hours ago, piper said:

What am I going to watch tonight? I already miss the show and all the speculative you tube videos.

I’m glad the new series (Falcon & Winter Soldier) starts in a week’s time.

If you plan on watching ZSJL, you could prepare yourself with Man of Steel and/or BvS.

I probably won't get to F&TWS until next Saturday or Sunday.