• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

If you plan on watching ZSJL, you could prepare yourself with Man of Steel and/or BvS.

I probably won't get to F&TWS until next Saturday or Sunday.

Especially now that HBO Max will be running BVS Ultimate Edition Enhanced prior to the Snyder Cut.

But I recognize you have to be subscribed to the service first.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Especially now that HBO Max will be running BVS Ultimate Edition Enhanced prior to the Snyder Cut.

But I recognize you have to be subscribed to the service first.

I love Man of Steel.

57 minutes ago, piper said:

I love Man of Steel.

Me too...

I heard the BvS Ultimate Edition is supposed to be much better than the theatrical release, which is the only version I saw...may need to check that out before ZSJL.

Edited by silverseeker
Changed the movie name.

8 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

Me too...

I heard the BvS Ultimate Edition is supposed to be much better than the theatrical release, which is the only version I saw...may need to check that out before ZSJL.

Any of the edit concerns that I witnessed with the Theatrical Cut is washed away completely. And that much stronger.

WandaVision Creator Explains Why the Show Didn't Need Mephisto Or Another Evil Dude

"That's not fun!" creator Jac Schaeffer tells E! News. "Plus, then we'd have to spend time with that guy. Who needs that?" Schaeffer, who also wrote the upcoming Black Widow, calls that "old storytelling," and it's something WandaVision just wasn't in the mood for. "We had all the pieces we needed to finish the story," she says. "We had Kathryn Hahn! Why would we need Mephisto when we have Kathryn Hahn?"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wandavision-creator-explains-why-show-235600437.html

WandaVision head writer Jac Schaefferignited a firestorm of X-Men theories with that Quicksilver Easter Egg, but she didn’t mean to. In a recent conversation with Variety, the showrunner talked about the Evan Peters twist and the fan reactions all over social media. It’s been wild to see the varied arguments for and against including it when the X-Men reveal was never really coming in WandaVision. The words Ralph Boehner are like an expletive on social media now. So many people thought they were getting a crossover with FOX’s X-Men universe. But, the creative team only really promised a story about Wanda, so it’s easy to see how things could have gotten muddled. At any rate, those good intentions still rubbed a lot of the very hungry fans the wrong way and Schaeffer understands some of their gripes.

“I couldn’t have anticipated… I don’t know, maybe Mary Livanos and Kevin Feige are like, “Yeah, it’s like this every time.” But I’m like, these theories are crazy!,” she laughed. “So it wasn’t that was not part of my thinking, and also, that’s not my department. I am lucky enough that I get to hear about the other projects and sometimes I’m involved and their conversations. I know a little bit about all the things that Lizzie’s been up to. But that’s a bigger, fancier thing, what you’re asking about.”

"Because - you know. Nobody is demanding the X-Men in the MCU.."

(:

‘WandaVision’ Director Pushes Back Against Complaints the Finale Excused Wanda’s Evil Actions

“I don’t think we’re letting Wanda off the hook. She realizes in that final episode what she’s done,” Shakman said. “She’s brought to that moment by Agatha — ‘Are you a hero? Are you a villain? Heroes don’t torture people’ — and she tries to let them go in that moment, but realizes that she’s not fully able to say goodbye to her family yet. So the crisis at the middle of the episode is important to her story, that she is ultimately moving towards accepting the loss of Vision and her family.”

“The show was always about grief and how we come back from loss, so it always had to end with her accepting that loss, but also accepting this new mantle of the Scarlet Witch and what that means. But that final scene, she comes into town, it’s her walk of shame as she walks through town and feels the daggers being stared at her, meant to be this indictment of her. She is a pariah, and she’s not being forgiven by them. The conversation with Monica is about two people who have bonded over grief and loss understanding the motives behind it,” the director concluded. “Doesn’t mean it excuses it, and Wanda acknowledges that. She flies away from this town knowing that it wouldn’t really welcome her back.”

3 minutes ago, jcjames said:
11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

"Because - you know. Nobody is demanding the X-Men in the MCU.."

(:

Expand  

Durh... More evidence of a ding-dong being in charge of the show. 

The headline is deceptively written to make it sound like she had no idea that Evan Peters as Quicksilver would cause a strong fan reaction when she didn't say that in the article when quoted. She did say she wasn't expecting all the fan theories, but she wasn't necessarily referring to Evan Peters, she could have been talking about any of the theories like Mephisto or Chthon or Magneto showing up and all the other dozens of theories that popped up. When talking about Evan Peters, she merely talked about the re-casting of Peters as QS was meant to confuse Wanda and the audience as well. Again, she didn't directly say she never thought Peters' casting would spark X-Men theories. This article's headline is a continuing example of how the media and the fans cause most of the commotion in these movies.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The headline is deceptively written to make it sound like she had no idea that Evan Peters as Quicksilver would cause a strong fan reaction when she didn't say that in the article when quoted. She did say she wasn't expecting all the fan theories, but she wasn't necessarily referring to Evan Peters, she could have been talking about any of the theories like Mephisto or Chthon or Magneto showing up and all the other dozens of theories that popped up. When talking about Evan Peters, she merely talked about the re-casting of Peters as QS was meant to confuse Wanda and the audience as well. Again, she didn't directly say she never thought Peters' casting would spark X-Men theories. This article's headline is a continuing example of how the media and the fans cause most of the commotion in these movies.

You get too defensive over anything MCU. Like you have to over-explain what producers, directors and actors were thinking.

Seriously - how much are you getting paid?

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You get too defensive over anything MCU. Like you have to over-explain what producers, directors and actors were thinking.

Seriously - how much are you getting paid?

I'm not wrong about the article, though. Nowhere in the article does she directly say her shock at all the X-men fan theories is the result of Evan Peters casting. She doesn't even say X-Men in the article. It's the writer who said it.

VARIETY: ‘WandaVision’: Elizabeth Olsen and Jac Schaeffer on Wanda’s Kids, Fan Theories and the Future of the Show

A lot of fans really took Peters playing Pietro to mean something significant for the MCU. People wondered, does that mean Ian McKellen is going to show up, or Patrick Stewart? How much of that kind of reaction factored in at all to your thinking?

Schaeffer: Naively, I didn’t expect people to get carried away in that way. I’m curious to hear what Lizzie has to say about this, but we didn’t anticipate that the show would drop after a full year of an MCU drought in the middle of a pandemic. I think we’re all so delighted by the response and so happy, I think, especially about the emotional response and how our discussion of grief has been embraced. I can speak for my writers room, I think that was our chief motivation and guiding light, and then all the other things are the fun of it.

I couldn’t have anticipated… I don’t know, maybe Mary Livanos and Kevin Feige are like, “Yeah, it’s like this every time.” But I’m like, these theories are crazy! [Laughing] So it wasn’t that was not part of my thinking, and also, that’s not my department. I am lucky enough that I get to hear about the other projects and sometimes I’m involved and their conversations. I know a little bit about all the things that Lizzie’s been up to. But that’s a bigger, fancier thing, what you’re asking about.

Lizzie, how did you feel about the idea that somehow Michael Fassbender was going to appear as your father who wasn’t actually your father?

Olsen: I knew that there are theories that had to do with people wanting more surprises in cameos. But I’m not really that aware of what these fan theories were, so I’m kind of learning about it as we go. Paul said something about this crazy cameo when he was really just talking about doing a scene with himself, and I know Paul thought that was a really funny joke, and I thought it was funny. But I was like, I think people are actually going to suspect that there is more to come.

I didn’t know about the multiverse when we were filming this. So I wouldn’t assume that that’s what was happening. I thought it was just a clever way to have a Pietro. I didn’t understand the larger plan of the multiverse until I started working on “Multiverse,” or whatever our movie’s called, the “Doctor Strange” sequel! [Laughs]

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm not wrong about the article, though. Nowhere in the article does she directly say her shock at all the X-men fan theories is the result of Evan Peters casting. She doesn't even say X-Men in the article. It's the writer who said it.

She says they were shocked not thinking of all the connections, which they were not aware of.

Read the Variety article, and be less worried about being MCU Defendor.

Regarding the casting of Evan Peters as Pietro:

Jac Schaeffer: "It was an early idea that Mary Livanos and I had and the writers room was so behind. It brought us so much joy and delight, the possibility that we could we could do this thing. It’s one of the few things in in this series that I was like, yeah, I was expecting a really big reaction. Everything else, I’ve been sort of floored by the enormity of the reactions, but that was the thing that I’ve been sitting on for two years, just being like, “Just wait! Just wait!”

So it turns out Schaeffer was expecting a big reaction with Peters' casting, but was floored by everything else.

2 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

I wonder if Doctor Strange 2 will touch on the repercussions of what Wanda did in Westview at all...

I'm counting on it! Along with later on they will use White Vision at some point. Though not in Doctor Strange 2.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Regarding the casting of Evan Peters as Pietro:

Jac Schaeffer: "It was an early idea that Mary Livanos and I had and the writers room was so behind. It brought us so much joy and delight, the possibility that we could we could do this thing. It’s one of the few things in in this series that I was like, yeah, I was expecting a really big reaction. Everything else, I’ve been sort of floored by the enormity of the reactions, but that was the thing that I’ve been sitting on for two years, just being like, “Just wait! Just wait!”

So it turns out Schaeffer was expecting a big reaction with Peters' casting, but was floored by everything else.

I get you feel like somewhere you heard someone say something bad about the MCU somewhere else. So you need to rush in here to protect it from any differences of opinion. But you cast Evan Peters and you don't expect all the excitement over X-Men??

mcu_dEFENDOR.PNG.93da7263f354976cda665f52dcad61bd.PNG