• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But you cast Evan Peters and you don't expect all the excitement over X-Men??

omg That's my point. She actually did say in the Variety interview that she absolutely was expecting a big reaction with the Peters casting, which I guess could mean speculation that the MCU was bringing in the Foxverse or whatever. She says she was "floored" by all the other reactions and fan theories. The article from comicbook.com completely misquotes and misleads regarding Schaeffer as the headline essentially says she wasn't expecting a big reaction with Peters casting when she actually absolutely was expecting it.

I just want the truth like my boy Tom...

giphy.gif

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

omg That's my point. She actually did say in the Variety interview that she absolutely was expecting a big reaction with the Peters casting, which I guess could mean speculation that the MCU was bringing in the Foxverse or whatever. She says she was "floored" by all the other reactions. The article from comicbook.com completely misquotes and misleads regarding Schaeffer as the headline essentially says she wasn't expecting a big reaction with Peters casting when she actually absolutely was expecting it.

I just want the truth like my boy Tom...

giphy.gif

:roflmao:

You are too darn funny.

"Mephisto?!"

Leo_Pointing.gif.2691e6c2c36713ec1915a04a5d919289.gif

WandaVision director Matt Shakman teases the identity of Jimmy Woo's missing person will be revealed in a future Marvel Cinematic Universe project.

During a recent interview with Comicbook, Matt Shakman was asked about the identity of Jimmy Woo's missing person. It isn't clear if WandaVision ever had plans to reveal the person's identity, but the director teased that the MCU will answer this question in the future. Shakman understandably didn't confirm who the individual is or provide any specific teases as to who it might be, but his answer makes it clear that he and Marvel Studios have a plan to reveal the missing person.

"In terms of the missing person, yeah there's an answer for that and, you know, hang in there."

I know:

"He didn't actually say 'future MCU movie'. He said 'hang in there'. That can mean we never know. Or that we should do pull-ups. Captain Marvel-style!"

captainmarvel.gif.d216a5b043bb94641289822cb5d3332f.gif

:baiting:

There's about a dozen things that we require an answer for. Hence, bad writing. If there was only a couple things, I wouldn't have soured on the show so much. I was really expecting the last couple episodes to tie almost everything up nicely. I was told to "hold on" while the first 3 episodes were a slog. So, I held on. My patience didn't pay off, and that's why I'm vocal about it.

Wanda is an absolute villain of the highest order. She may be sympathetic but needs to be sympathetic from prison, not out in a sweet cabin, in a comfy hoodie, with a warm cup of joe, studying deadly black magic. 

She kidnapped & tortured [raped?] some 3K folks. 

Hayward was right. How exactly does he qualify as a bad guy or deserve FBI arrest?

So long as he was acting in his mandate, under legal authority when using the killer drone & WV, what crime did he commit?

Was it trying to kill the magical children? What is a jury supposed to do with that? Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, he pulled the trigger on two magical children...who were protecting their mass-rapist, slaveholding mom with reality altering powers.

Don't kill Wanda, Hayward, it might kill the 3K hostages & torture victims. Do kill Wanda Hayward, failing to do so now may mean the HEX will engulf the planet tomorrow. 

Send in as many WV's as possible and hurry, before she gains the Darkhold and reality itself is screwed. 

Thor went for the chest, then head; was he wrong? 

Hayward was right.  

Edited by TupennyConan

18 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Wanda is an absolute villain of the highest order. She may be sympathetic but needs to be sympathetic from prison, not out in a sweet cabin, in a comfy hoodie, with a warm cup of joe, studying deadly black magic. 

She kidnapped & tortured [raped?] some 3K folks. 

Hayward was right. How exactly does he qualify as a bad guy or deserve FBI arrest?

So long as he was acting in his mandate, under legal authority when using the killer drone & WV, what crime did he commit?

Was it trying to kill the magical children? What is a jury supposed to do with that? Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, he pulled the trigger on two magical children...who were protecting their mass-rapist, slaveholding mom with reality altering powers.

Don't kill Wanda, Hayward, it might kill the 3K hostages & torture victims. Do kill Wanda Hayward, failing to do so now may mean the HEX will engulf the planet tomorrow. 

Send in as many WV's as possible and hurry, before she gains the Darkhold and reality itself is screwed. 

Thor went for the chest, then head; was he wrong? 

Hayward was right.  

emotion01.gif.397b5d207be1b959867d2e45bc3c8607.gif

:baiting:

I love Elizabeth Olsen, and I love Paul Batteny, their chemistry is undeniable, and it saved this show for me.   I want to see more of them.  I just feel let down that Marvel had built up the big reveal, promoted the big reveal, and then nothing.  The ending felt very paint by the numbers to me, and there should have been some level of repercussions for Wanda.  Also the B plot just ended up falling completely flat, and the characters in that plot became annoying rather than compelling. In all honesty if you left in the parts of the B plot that were needed for explanation the rest of it could have been cut completely and the show would have been better.

18 minutes ago, drotto said:

I love Elizabeth Olsen, and I love Paul Batteny, their chemistry is undeniable, and it saved this show for me.   I want to see more of them.  I just feel let down that Marvel had built up the big reveal, promoted the big reveal, and then nothing.  The ending felt very paint by the numbers to me, and there should have been some level of repercussions for Wanda.  Also the B plot just ended up falling completely flat, and the characters in that plot became annoying rather than compelling. In all honesty if you left in the parts of the B plot that were needed for explanation the rest of it could have been cut completely and the show would have been better.

The director of WandaVision talks about the repercussions for Wanda and that he feels she has not been let off the hook. I agree with the director. I posted the interview article a few posts back. In it he argues that, while Wanda didn't go to SuperMax prison or get killed, she is now ostracized from this place that Vision chose to be their home. She can never go back and the walk she makes through the town square (instead of flying above it all) with the citizens staring at her is that walk of shame. She knows what she did. She also did give up her love again and give up her children, who were real, in order to free the Westview citizens and bring things back to normal. I don't believe anyone died, either, as a result of Wanda's actions except for her family.

And in the end, she did play the part of hero by taking the dastardly Agatha, who had no moral qualms about any of this, off the streets for a while. Given that, though, I think she can now no longer really be considered a hero or a villain. I think Dr Strange 2 might be the film where perhaps she really pays her penance.

The villain (Wanda) suffers no consequences for her actions and the director/writer even gave Monica a line to pretend like Maximoff is some saint for what she did.

So - no - she suffers no consequences for her actions. She outright tells another being that she's imprisoning them in their own mind. That's f^&*ed up.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

The villain (Wanda) suffers no consequences for her actions and the director/writer even gave Monica a line to pretend like Maximoff is some saint for what she did.

So - no - she suffers no consequences for her actions. She outright tells another being that she's imprisoning them in their own mind. That's f^&*ed up.

The thing Wanda is guilty of is unlawful restraint (of a few thousand people). All were released unharmed. Are you saying Wanda's penance be that she go to jail? Because nobody's throwing the Scarlet Witch, the prophetic user of chaos energy, in jail.

However, Wanda still suffered consequences for her actions.

Had Wanda not suffered any consequences at all, the Westview citizens would have been released and Wanda would have been able to keep her new house, and the twins Tommy and Billy and Vision 2.0 would still be alive and they'd live happily ever after there. The twins and Vision 2.0 were both real, they were just tied to chaos magic energy. Monica Rambeau confirmed this for us, as it turns out she's a reliable witness for the story.

Instead, Wanda had to lose her family, again, and was left with nothing but a vacant lot again. Her walk of shame shows she is a pariah in the community where she and Vision made their home and she can't go back there. Possibly aware of her power, she has apparently  isolated herself in the mountains where she can't harm anyone (just a guess to her intentions there).

Her actions also resulted in good consequences with the world left a better place. Vision 1.0 was revived. SWORD Director Hayward, who was guilty of violations of Sokovia Accords and plain villainy, was taken down. Agatha, an evil witch who wielded dark magic, was taken out of commission for a little while. The world has a new superhero in Monica Rambeau.

The universal balance of Wanda's actions in Westview were tipped back to scale in WandaVision. The only thing that didn't happen is Wanda is not doing jail time in a SuperMax prison offshore which we all know is kinda bs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe anyway.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The thing Wanda is guilty of is unlawful restraint (of a few thousand people). All were released unharmed. Are you saying Wanda's penance be that she go to jail? Because nobody's throwing the Scarlet Witch, the prophetic user of chaos energy, in jail.

However, Wanda still suffered consequences for her actions.

Had Wanda not suffered any consequences at all, the Westview citizens would have been released and Wanda would have been able to keep her new house, and the twins Tommy and Billy and Vision 2.0 would still be alive and they'd live happily ever after there. The twins and Vision 2.0 were both real, they were just tied to chaos magic energy. Monica Rambeau confirmed this for us, as it turns out she's a reliable witness for the story.

Instead, Wanda had to lose her family, again, and was left with nothing but a vacant lot again. Her walk of shame shows she is a pariah in the community where she and Vision made their home and she can't go back there. Possibly aware of her power, she has apparently  isolated herself in the mountains where she can't harm anyone (just a guess to her intentions there).

Her actions also resulted in good consequences with the world left a better place. Vision 1.0 was revived. SWORD Director Hayward, who was guilty of violations of Sokovia Accords and plain villainy, was taken down. Agatha, an evil witch who wielded dark magic, was taken out of commission for a little while. The world has a new superhero in Monica Rambeau.

The universal balance of Wanda's actions in Westview were tipped back to scale in WandaVision. The only thing that didn't happen is Wanda is not doing jail time in a SuperMax prison offshore which we all know is kinda bs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe anyway.

No, she didn't.
No, they wouldn't. No, they weren't. No, she isn't.
That's not what a "family" is.
Walking away with no compunction for your actions and suffering no consequences (being totally free) is not good storytelling.
Hayward is guilty of nothing, considering that the villain's actions (Wanda) fall under the purview of SWORD. He's actually the good guy, trying to take down a terrorist.

Edited by Angel of Death

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

No, she didn't.
No, they wouldn't. No, they weren't. No, she isn't.
That's not what a "family" is.
Walking away with no compunction for your actions and suffering no consequences (being totally free) is not good storytelling.
Hayward is guilty of nothing, considering that the villain's actions (Wanda) fall under the purview of SWORD. He actually the good guy, trying to take down a terrorist.

Hayward was directly and immediately guilty of Section 36B of the Sokovia Accords by bringing the original Vision's body back online and using him as a weapon. Hayward was also guilty morally by going against Vision's living will to become anyone's weapon. Besides all the other stuff like handcuffing an FBI agent and throwing him in a jail cell as well as shooting at Wanda's children and at SWORD agent Monica Rambeau as she tried to protect them, Hayward is guilty as...fudge.

On the other hand, Monica Rambeau, who again is our reliable story witness and the show's moral compass, said "Wanda is not a terrorist," in her argument with Hayward. Because Wanda was in her head, she was able to determine that Wanda had no "political motives" which precludes her from the definition of a terrorist. Monica also said she believed the Westview anomaly was not a "premeditated act of aggression" by Wanda. And we saw in Episode 8 that Wanda's breakdown which created the Hexagon around Westview did appear to come from Wanda's subconscious as if she herself was overcome with her reaction to the grief in her life and the sudden release of chaos energy. And by the time Vision appeared in Wanda's 1950's land, Wanda had accepted it.

Wanda is guilty of unlawfully restraining the people of Westview for a few weeks. But Wanda is also the hero of this story and Hayward is one of its villains.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Wanda is guilty of unlawfully restraining the people of Westview for a few weeks. But Wanda is also the hero of this story and Hayward is one of its villains.

So basically kidnapping. Which is a federal crime. Multiply that by what... a thousand?

Imagine if it were you that had been 'unlawfully restrained' for several weeks/months?
Wouldn't you be pissed off? Wouldn't you want justice? Retribution of some kind?

If it were me or one of my family members that this happened to, I'd be quite upset.

14 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

So basically kidnapping. Which is a federal crime. Multiply that by what... a thousand?

Imagine if it were you that had been 'unlawfully restrained' for several weeks/months?
Wouldn't you be pissed off? Wouldn't you want justice? Retribution of some kind?

If it were me or one of my family members that this happened to, I'd be quite upset.

Yes, and the townspeople were very upset and we saw that in Episode 9 when Agatha freed them and then Wanda permanently freed them. But her takeover of Westview was also not a premeditated act. She didn't go to the vacant lot thinking "hmm, I think I'm going to enslave everybody today with this power I don't know that I have." It just happened as an explosion of grief and power which we all saw in Episode 8 and which Monica labeled as "not a premeditated act." There's a difference between a crime of passion and a premeditated crime and each have different levels of punishment in our courts. Yes, Wanda is guilty of having let it go for so long, a couple of weeks according to the timeline I'm guessing, but she herself seemed to be a victim of her own grief and power.

The show pegged Wanda as guilty of a crime against society. Did she fully pay her penance? Well, nobody was harmed physically and Wanda put everything back to the way it was and released the townsfolk. You could for sure argue that she hasn't fully paid back society for imprisoning the people for a few weeks, but nobody's putting her in prison. For now, the penance of being a social pariah, probably losing her Avengers card, and losing her family, again, is her payment. Maybe more is to come in Dr Strange 2. But to say that Wanda got off scott-free in the eyes of morality and universal balance is wrong. Who cares about jail? It means nothing to Avengers. It meant nothing to Steve Rogers at the end of Civil War.

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm done questioning the logic in this series more than the director ever did.  :eyeroll:

Feige let this one slip...hope he has fun cleaning it up in future series/films.  :juggle:

Cleaning what up? The only loose end is the Scarlet Witch who has isolated herself in the mountains away from society and wants to bring her family back. WandaVision made perfect logistical sense.

41 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Hayward was directly and immediately guilty of Section 36B of the Sokovia Accords by bringing the original Vision's body back online and using him as a weapon. Hayward was also guilty morally by going against Vision's living will to become anyone's weapon. Besides all the other stuff like handcuffing an FBI agent and throwing him in a jail cell as well as shooting at Wanda's children and at SWORD agent Monica Rambeau as she tried to protect them, Hayward is guilty as...fudge.

On the other hand, Monica Rambeau, who again is our reliable story witness and the show's moral compass, said "Wanda is not a terrorist," in her argument with Hayward. Because Wanda was in her head, she was able to determine that Wanda had no "political motives" which precludes her from the definition of a terrorist. Monica also said she believed the Westview anomaly was not a "premeditated act of aggression" by Wanda. And we saw in Episode 8 that Wanda's breakdown which created the Hexagon around Westview did appear to come from Wanda's subconscious as if she herself was overcome with her reaction to the grief in her life and the sudden release of chaos energy. And by the time Vision appeared in Wanda's 1950's land, Wanda had accepted it.

Incorrect. As the Director SWORD, the Sokovia Accords actually give him the authority to eliminate super-powered terrorists. Also incorrect, as Albino Vision is a new entity without free will. An FBI Agent that violated such accords by going rogue? Treason, you mean?

Monica isn't a "reliable" anything. She doesn't even make Wanda feel guilty for her crimes. I guess she's complicit?

Wanda is a psychological terrorist.

Edited by Angel of Death

6 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Monica isn't a "reliable" anything. She doesn't even make Wanda feel guilty for her crimes. I guess she's complicit?

Wanda is a psychological terrorist.

I didn't say Monica was a reliable "judge," though she is the show's moral compass. Monica is a reliable "witness". When she recounts events in the show, we know she isn't lying. She's a reliable witness. So when she says she can ascertain Wanda's intentions because she was in her head, we know Monica is telling the truth. Therefore, we know reliably that Wanda is not a terrorist in the federal legal sense of the word. Terrorism is the unlawful use of violence and intimidation against civilians or public property for political aims. Wanda is not a terrorist in the legal federal sense of the word. Wanda is only guilty of mass unlawful restraint. Yes, I'm sure it's punishable for up to 10 or 20 years or whatever, but nobody's throwing the Scarlet Witch in jail, as I said.