• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Easter eggs for the sake of Easter eggs is not entertaining. Like I said, if all they're doing is playing laser-pointer to a bunch of cats, that's wearing very thin very fast.

Except that's what the early MCU movies did, too. Many of those Easter Eggs took years to actually result in something. I'll be bummed if Mephisto doesn't appear now now now, but people need to chill.

16 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Except that's what the early MCU movies did, too. Many of those Easter Eggs took years to actually result in something. I'll be bummed if Mephisto doesn't appear now now now, but people need to chill.

Most easter eggs in the MCU went nowhere, but across over a 20 films across 10 years. Same will I think most eggs dropped in WV. But having so many packed into each very short show wears thin very fast.

35 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Easter eggs for the sake of Easter eggs is not entertaining. Like I said, if all they're doing is playing laser-pointer to a bunch of cats, that's wearing very thin very fast.

Oh, I agree. If we are getting a bunch of breadcrumbs that go nowhere that is not a satisfying meal.

I think the article talking to 'false leads' could lead to some unsatisfied individuals.

40 minutes ago, jcjames said:

It's been stated before though, a lot of the running around like cats was the fans' and the media's own doing. To find some of those Easter eggs, one had to still frame the video and then blow up the image to see things like Bova on a milk carton or Grim Reaper in the decor. Just because Pietro said "what a nightmare" doesn't mean he was referring to Nightmare. Many of these wild goose chases were hardcore fans just coming up with wild guesses that Marvel never even put in as a Easter egg, like the possibility of Magneto or Professor X showing up. If it wasn't for more knowledgeable fans pointing it out, the High Evolutionary thing with Herb would've gone right past me. I'm not saying Marvel didn't do it on purpose and didn't know what they were doing, but as far as the larger story goes, the clues and leads in the actual story and dialogue have been more limited. The aerospace engineer thing was an obvious mislead for hardcore fans, but it seems everything else has just really been about who's pulling the strings and lots of references to the devil.

1 minute ago, bpc3qh said:

Is it, though? WandaVision is part of the larger MCU, so why should we expect everything to be wrapped up now?

The Infinity Saga, while leading up to Thanos and the Infinity Stones, was not entirely built on it. WandaVision is entirely built on 'mystery' and 'intrigue'.

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Easter eggs for the sake of Easter eggs is not entertaining.

If it's one, at most two--it's fine.  If it's half a dozen, or even a dozen or more...I'll need to see evidence of them doing that to assume they haven't gone mad.

42 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The Infinity Saga, while leading up to Thanos and the Infinity Stones, was not entirely built on it. WandaVision is entirely built on 'mystery' and 'intrigue'.

I don't think that's true. I think fans have blown that up because we have nothing else to do. We don't know where the MCU is headed, and so WandaVision could lead in numerous directions (magic, multiverse, mutants). At this point it's much too soon to tell.

WandaVision's crew has confirmed that they indeed made reference to X-Men's Wolverine in a recent episode. During WandaViSion episode 6 "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" Evan Peters' "Uncle Pete" chose a classic Marvel Comics Quicksilver suit as his Halloween costume. However, Marvel fans noticed that Uncle Pete's hairdo wasn't so much based on classic Quicksilver as it was Wolverine. WandaVision make-up artist Tricia Sawyer and hairstylist Karen Bartek are now confirming that Evan Peters was indeed styled to have a Wolverine hairdo as part of his costume. According to Bartek the X-Men references were purposefully done to make it seem the two franchise universes were colliding:

“It was something that Matt really [wanted]. They kind of planned that,” Bartek told IndieWire, in reference to WandaVision director Matt Shakman, and his X-Men schemes.

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:

I don't think that's true. I think fans have blown that up because we have nothing else to do. We don't know where the MCU is headed, and so WandaVision could lead in numerous directions (magic, multiverse, mutants). At this point it's much too soon to tell.

But it hasn't independently led anywhere. That's the point. The films each contain (mostly) an independent direction/story that may or may not include an Infinity Stone or Thanos reference. WandaVision hasn't done much other than make you ask questions.

Was just thinking, in all the MCU, no character has had a more tragic life so far than Wanda. Her whole life is a series of things being taken from her. Stark indirectly took her parents. Ultron took her brother. Thanos took the love of her life. And if the speculation holds, Mephisto just took her children.

WandaVision’s story isn’t just a series of Easter eggs and cryptic clues. If story is a character’s want and the actions the character takes to fulfill that want, then there are a lot of stories going on in WV. Wanda actually has what she wants but also wants to stop anyone from taking it away again. Together, Wanda and Vision want to fit into the “normal” life in the suburbs. Once Vision “wakes up”, he wants to know what’s outside Westview. Monica wants to help Wanda because she feels she’s still a hero. Hayward wants to kill Wanda and get Vision back. Agent Woo wants his missing guy. Darcy wants to know what happens in the next episode of WV. Agnes wants to “help” Wanda by by any means necessary. In between that tiger on Wanda’s living room table and Monica’s aerospace engineer reference, our characters have all been acting upon their wants, and we’ve been following their stories.

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Was just thinking, in all the MCU, no character has had a more tragic life so far than Wanda. Her whole life is a series of things being taken from her. Stark indirectly took her parents. Ultron took her brother. Thanos took the love of her life. And if the speculation holds, Mephisto just took her children.

Didn't you and I have a chat about this (checks notes)...

emotion01.gif.a2ac06398e46a785dc1da28cc5724f48.gif

...three weeks ago where I noted Thor had suffered much more than Wanda and you had noted he was a god so therefore he hadn't really suffered?