• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painful Lesson
1 1

174 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

ummm,,, no, to make things right financially not only would make you feel better but also compensates for what you did wrong 

Yeah, my wrongdoings are nothing to do with thievery. I get why you did it but I still think you did it for you. Its great you did it but it will not change what you did originally to the guy. But for whatever reason you tried to put it right, and I at least commend you for that, but I'm amazed you expected some kind of validation for it. That's the kind of thing (as RMA intimated) one should keep to oneself.

When I read your post @1950's war comics I thought it was interesting and much like a story you would find in a Harvey Pekar book.  Just sharing an event in your life, on topic with the thread.  I didnt take it that you were bragging or expecting some kind of 'recognition' or 'award'.  Perhaps your post is much like a rorschach test, where people see in it what their own motivations would be.   I have noticed that people that decry others for 'trying to take credit' for stuff are constantly trying to take credit for stuff themselves, sometimes for stuff they didn't even do.

7 minutes ago, G G said:

Yeah, my wrongdoings are nothing to do with thievery. I get why you did it but I still think you did it for you. Its great you did it but it will not change what you did originally to the guy. But for whatever reason you tried to put it right, and I at least commend you for that, but I'm amazed you expected some kind of validation for it. That's the kind of thing (as RMA intimated) one should keep to oneself.

nope , if just one person sees what has been done, and what should be done, and then goes out and does it , then that is one shop owner that is being financial compensated and most likely very well needs its......

4 minutes ago, kav said:

When I read your post @1950's war comics I thought it was interesting and much like a story you would find in a Harvey Pekar book.  Just sharing an event in your life, on topic with the thread.  I didnt take it that you were bragging or expecting some kind of 'recognition' or 'award'.  Perhaps your post is much like a rorschach test, where people see in it what their own motivations would be.   I have noticed that people that decry others for 'trying to take credit' for stuff are constantly trying to take credit for stuff themselves, sometimes for stuff they didn't even do.

thank you Kav and those here who ridiculed the authenticity of the act have actually , in a way, revealed a bit of their true inner nature ... and it was not a good reveal

Edited by 1950's war comics

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

thank you Kav and those here who ridiculed the authenticity of the act have actually , in a way, revealed a bit of true inner nature ... and it was not a good reveal

In psychology it's called 'projection'.  We project outward onto others things we don't like about ourselves, in a subconscious effort to 'get it away'.

1 minute ago, kav said:

In psychology it's called 'projection'.  We project outward onto others things we don't like about ourselves, in a subconscious effort to 'get it away'.

Thanks- that explains quite a bit about what is going on in the minds of some men, behind the scenes,... in this thread

1 minute ago, G G said:

You really are startin' to dig yourself a big hole here and I suggest you stop it. You stole from a guy. You removed his comic books without permission, you deprived the guy and his family of earnings at that time. Fast forward an age to when you are financially stable, and you decide to make restitution. You declare it on an open forum and expect a load of back slapping? Do me a favour. You're a thief. You admitted it. I repeat...DO NOT EXPECT A MEDAL.

I can't speak for others but I certainly was not riduculing you. Don't confuse straight to the point honesty with ridicule. When I ridicule you, you know about it.

ummm , i was 14 at the time ... and i have another revelation to make that you can hold against me also ...

i drove around drunk many, many time in my late teens and early twenties, thank the Lord i never got a DUI but i did it so there ...

i am revealing this here , so now you can hold that one against me too.....

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

ummm , i was 14 at the time ... and i have another revelation to make that you can hold against me also ...

i drove around drunk many, many time in my late teens and early twenties, thank the Lord i never got a DUI but i did it so there ...

NO NO NO!!!! You're supposed to get UPSET by the accusations!!!!  You're not doing it right!!!  :makepoint: 

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Jesus, so what? I did that too for years in the 70s. I'm not proud of it. I was young and stupid but it was still me. I'm ashamed of it but I'm not asking for sympathy or forgiveness or a medal.