• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey CGC board members WHAT IS YOUR BEST OR FAVORITE OA you got off this site in trade or $$$$

29 posts in this topic

I've sold art to CGC boardies but am struggling to remember if I've ever directly bought anything here.  More than likely a few things indirectly as a result of private discussions.

There's not a lot of comic-book art I'm actively seeking nowadays, as I'm now more interested in collecting in Movie Poster OA paintings.  With regard to the latter, I run a movie art FB group where I encourage buy, sell and trade in addition to the core aim of sharing art . . . and I've been active in all of those areas.  New members always welcome . . . even if you just want to look at the nice pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131047770909401/

Edited by The Voord

8 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I've bought a number of pieces from my fellow CGC Boardies over the years. I've also sold many pieces to Boardies, facilitated some deals for others and advised Boardies on countless deals as well. The Boards are truly a great information resource, and an essential part of socializing, networking and transacting in this hobby. (worship)   

I don't think there's any question about what was my favorite art purchase through the Boards.  It's all recounted in this Scoop! article online:  

Scoop Article on Purchasing the Cover Art of New Mutants #1

1519085173_NM1.thumb.jpg.2b97920dce76a9f313505ed0e37092b6.jpg

WOW! What a great cover to own! soooooooooo wicked cool

Hasn’t happened for me yet. I’ve sold some things, but no purchases here that I recall.

Then again I don’t buy a lot these days.

Closest would probably be me buying something from Felix’s guys after his announcing a sale here.

8 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I've bought a number of pieces from my fellow CGC Boardies over the years. I've also sold many pieces to Boardies, facilitated some deals for others and advised Boardies on countless deals as well. The Boards are truly a great information resource, and an essential part of socializing, networking and transacting in this hobby. (worship)   

I don't think there's any question about what was my favorite art purchase through the Boards.  It's all recounted in this Scoop! article online:  

I think that was an awesome pickup. :applause:

9 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I remember seeing this posted in the for sale section.  one of the coolest purchases on these boards for sure.

1 hour ago, Pete Marino said:

I remember seeing this posted in the for sale section.  one of the coolest purchases on these boards for sure.

Was waiting for Gene to re-share that piece!

I was tempted by both, NM and Firestorm #1, but...$25k is a lot of cheddar. Not really, but then again...yes. The best is always painful (unless your name is Gordon Gekko).

I was surprised the Firestorm hung around for a bit.