C2E2, Feb 28, 29, March 1, 2020, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
4 4

70 posts in this topic

1,677 posts

Crazy that they moved it up so early! Less of a wait but it’s Gonna be cold :frown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,490 posts

Keeps moving earlier and earlier.  I remember when it was mid / late April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,613 posts
On 3/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Crazy that they moved it up so early! Less of a wait but it’s Gonna be cold :frown:

Yep, last month was terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,900 posts

I wouldn't be surprised if McCormack Place gave them a better deal for those earlier dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
776 posts
1 hour ago, RCheli said:

I wouldn't be surprised if McCormack Place gave them a better deal for those earlier dates. 

Maybe.  Nothing really advertised there during those dates. Maybe they are trying to undermine ECCC?  Or reed pop has some other stuff too close by?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 posts
4 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Maybe.  Nothing really advertised there during those dates. Maybe they are trying to undermine ECCC?  Or reed pop has some other stuff too close by?

ECCC is put on by the same promoter so it really doesn't make much sense to me. April was always a great time for this show, so I'm bummed that they are continuing to move into the colder months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
128 posts

Guest list is looking solid so far for 2020, and it's only the 2nd day of announcements/


I moved further away from Chicago, so it won't be an easy day trip for me. I guess that just means I'll have to go Friday and Saturday this year. (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,180 posts

We just finished our last major convention for this year. 

Looking forward to our first of 2020

3 Months, 20 days to go :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677 posts

Less than 3 months away. 99% sure I’ll attend, but I’m very underwhelmed with the guest list. Hard to believe their new Celebrity Premium Package sold out with all the “basic” guests scheduled. Boooo.

Many great writers and artists attending however. Looking forward to having fun in artists alley and standing in line at the CGC booth lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
107 posts

Getting ready to buy my ticket but wondered if anyone knew what "Exclusive access to CGC pre-show sign ups" entails? It's under "The Collector" badge info, just wondered if it's worth it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,652 posts

One of these years I’d love to head up for this show but the timing is always bad. If they continue their trend of moving the show earlier maybe one year it’ll fall between Christmas and New Year and I’ll be free to travel...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321 posts
On 1/9/2020 at 5:33 PM, mysterio said:

One of these years I’d love to head up for this show but the timing is always bad. If they continue their trend of moving the show earlier maybe one year it’ll fall between Christmas and New Year and I’ll be free to travel...

The reasons I enjoy going to this show each year as a fan is there are tons of great artist and creators there and I can always pick up something, I get to shop some of the dealers based primarily on the East Coast and see what kind of golden age stuff they got, and I love staying in Chinatown and gaining about 5 pounds from all the good food!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts

This came in the mail today! :ohnoez: Also booked my hotel...I got 3 days for $200 tax included on priceline.com! That’s the cheapest I ever got. Now all I have to do is book my train ticket and I am good to go!

C54F7E84-53CB-4AE1-B751-0983182A7587.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts

And now its official!!!!! I just got my train ticket...roundtrip from st louis was $56 yay!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321 posts
On 1/22/2020 at 9:00 PM, Raze said:

And now its official!!!!! I just got my train ticket...roundtrip from st louis was $56 yay!!!!

 

Awesome.  I am driving up from KC and was able to get my AirBnB hovel in Chinatown for about $170 from Thursday to Monday.  Plus my pro badge just got here and I am set.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts
1 hour ago, SSkufan said:

Awesome.  I am driving up from KC and was able to get my AirBnB hovel in Chinatown for about $170 from Thursday to Monday.  Plus my pro badge just got here and I am set.

 

 

 

Are you driving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321 posts
9 hours ago, Raze said:

Are you driving?

Yeah I have done it several times.  Gives me sometime to really just tune out and get catch up on my podcast and listen to music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4