• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

By the way....not that anyone listens to me, because...well...I'm The Notorious R.M.A....but it's long past time CGC started asking for COMPETENT volunteers to come assist them at cons, with the database, and in Sarasota in exchange for grading credits...emphasis on COMPETENT...and not turn their nose up at the offers merely because they may not like the people personally. 

There are plenty of COMPETENT people willing to offer their assistance. 

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Bit of advice? Sending books you want graded via Media Mail significantly increases your risk of loss and damage. 

It's one thing to send a pile of readers via Media Mail...it's another to send books worth slabbing. 

True but as long as it's insured I don't see a problem. I also send my comics in top loaders so they don't get damage

6 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

Yeah I have to stop being bold though... What do you use for shipping?

Priority with Signature Confirmation (and fully insured thru a 3rd party).

Earlier on page 3 or 4, you mentioned that the value of this package was $2K - to me, I'd spend the extra $15 or $20 to send it Priority.

Wonder how many of the people with issues getting packages into the system on a timely basis are using Media Mail vs Priority?

2 hours ago, bc said:

Earlier on page 3 or 4, you mentioned that the value of this package was $2K - to me, I'd spend the extra $15 or $20 to send it Priority.

Wonder how many of the people with issues getting packages into the system on a timely basis are using Media Mail vs Priority?

Thsee are hypothetical 9.8s, so a hypothetical $2k. Regardless, sending then media is nuts, sorry.

3 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

True but as long as it's insured I don't see a problem. I also send my comics in top loaders so they don't get damage

I didn't look all pages here but I assumed it arrived at CGC safely. It's astonishing that USPS didn't return your package back to your address.  The comic books are not qualified for Media Mail.  The inspector would have opened your package.

Hopefully this is just a computer delay or something not as serious as the books being lost. I'm sure media mail is cheap but I quit using that long ago. Just a heads up for anyone following this thread if you use Fedex you don't ship to a Po box you actually ship to a street address. I'll also add hopefully your books are "in Line in the vault" just not entered yet. My last books were never verified they went directly to scheduled for grading about a week after they arrived and sat there for 4 to 5 weeks they have been in grading quality control for about a week now. 

45 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I didn't look all pages here but I assumed it arrived at CGC safely. It's astonishing that USPS didn't return your package back to your address.  The comic books are not qualified for Media Mail.  The inspector would have opened your package.

I have never had a media mail package inspected and rejected either coming or going. I used it for cheap stuff and cross my fingers. But still, the package can be in the system weeks longer via media. More opportunity for damage. Also, if improperly sent media mail and damaged, would insurance even pay up?

3 hours ago, the blob said:

Thsee are hypothetical 9.8s, so a hypothetical $2k. Regardless, sending then media is nuts, sorry.

The last Eternals #1 I sent in got an 9.8 so as my Batman #357 which I sent both in for possible 9.8s so my eyes for books are probably better than you. No offense. Don't mind the Eternals #3 I sent that one in just to see how CGC grade foxing. When I say my books are possible 9.8s I mean it. I'm not fake like some people here. 

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by It'sOnlyRight

5 hours ago, bc said:

Priority mail or media mail have nothing to do with CGC verifying the books and entering in the system. Once the books are delivered to CGC's hands they have to verify and put it in the system no matter if its media mail or priority. CGC is responsible for your package once they signed for it. 

5 hours ago, bc said:

Yes, this x1000. I would never, in a million years, send $2,000 in books via Media Mail. In fact, I use Registered Mail (probably overkill, but I don't have collectinsure, because I'm a procrastinating idjit.)

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

22 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:
5 hours ago, bc said:

Priority mail or media mail have nothing to do with CGC verifying the books and entering in the system. Once the books are delivered to CGC's hands they have to verify and put it in the system no matter if its media mail or priority. CGC is responsible for your package once they signed for it. 

Youmissedthepoint.jpg&f=1

1 hour ago, It'sOnlyRight said:
3 hours ago, the blob said:

The last Eternals #1 I sent in got an 9.8 so as my Batman #357 which I sent both in for possible 9.8s so my eyes for books are probably better than you. No offense. Don't mind the Eternals #3 I sent that one in just to see how CGC grade foxing. When I say my books are possible 9.8s I mean it. I'm not fake like some people here. 

Wanna see my invoices....?