• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ll be curious to see what the grades will be after all of this

:fear:

The OP touted his own ability to grade, but in the PGM sub-forum he's been off the consensus by more than a bit, quite often...

Edited by TwoPiece
Fixed grammar.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

The OP touted his own ability to grade, but in the PGM sub-forum he's been off the consensus by more than a bit, quite often...

Might also depend on what condition the package and books were found in.  If the package was at the bottom or a massive pile or smashed behind a lift at the loading doc where it was dropped off, they could be in less than 9.8 condition anyways.  Who would hold responsibility then?  CGC or the carrier?  Hope for the best though and glad they did turn up.  Maybe OP should at least update the threat title with "CGC couldn't locate my books for a month but did find them?"

5 minutes ago, justafan said:

"CGC couldn't locate my books for a month but did find them?"

Idk if this is actually the case.

When I worked in customer service, people would ask me to look for things that I knew we didn't have, I would then pretend to look and tell them "we're out". I suspect that they did the same. Knew they had it, didn't have the resources to look for it and knew they'd turn up, but offered some compensation. It would probably cost them more money to find that particular package than it would be to just wait for it to come up.

That's all hearsay by me who has no idea what actually happened. lol

I know for a fact that CGC is receiving record record amount of mail and processing a mail room takes time.

I agree that it would really be nice if the OP kept people up to date (and corrected the title) on progress rather than just post a complaint thread and leave it hanging.

But in this day and age stuff like this doesn't matter.

I complained about a seller in a Facebook post by asking him to type out the full title and grade of a certified book they had for sale. The seller just had an acronym, issue number and price. lol

The mods scrubbed my comment and left his post up. :screwy:

The world doesn't need to make sense anymore.

6 hours ago, tv horror said:

No one asked?

His reply(thumbsu

As for the apology the thread title minced no words he clearly stated CGC lost his books. As for yourself what is your vested interest? No I won't be drawn into a debate this is my last word, thank you for replying LordRahl(thumbsu   

(shrug) the interwebz may not be for you. And I have zero vested interest here. Just thought it was ridiculous that people were calling for an apology when indeed CGC did lose the books for a long time.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I know for a fact that CGC is receiving record record amount of mail and processing a mail room takes time.

I agree that it would really be nice if the OP kept people up to date (and corrected the title) on progress rather than just post a complaint thread and leave it hanging.

But in this day and age stuff like this doesn't matter.

I complained about a seller in a Facebook post by asking him to type out the full title and grade of a certified book they had for sale. The seller just had an acronym, issue number and price. lol

The mods scrubbed my comment and left his post up. :screwy:

The world doesn't need to make sense anymore.

This seriously veering off the topic of OP, however since you bring up Facebook and the world not making sense, here goes:

I know a woman about 24 that considers herself an artist and paints. This is fine as I consider her an artist, also if she paints. She has asked me to "like" her art page on Facebook or what-the-heck-ever-it-is. I responded, I'm not sure I'm someone to be commenting about paintings but if you want my opinion send me copies of your work and let me know your intent and I'll write you a letter with my thoughts.

She's responds, No, I just want the "like" on Facebook.

I'm not gonna do it. I don't get it. Someone is offering to spend time with your art and take the time to write down their thoughts about your work and you don't care? You just want a "like?" 

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

This seriously veering off the topic of OP, however since you bring up Facebook and the world not making sense, here goes:

I know a woman about 24 that considers herself an artist and paints. This is fine as I consider her an artist, also if she paints. She has asked me to "like" her art page on Facebook or what-the-heck-ever-it-is. I responded, I'm not sure I'm someone to be commenting about paintings but if you want my opinion send me copies of your work and let me know your intent and I'll write you a letter with my thoughts.

I'm not gonna do it. I don't get it. Someone is offering to spend time with your art and take the time to write down their thoughts about your work and you don't care? You just want a "like?" 

That's life for ya.

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

The world does not make sense anymore.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

That's why I left Facebook, Twitter, etc about a year ago.  Haven't regretted it once.

Of course but than I feel like I'm always having to explain why I not on Facebook or whatever the dumbs*t social media dumbsh*t it is. Like I'm an alien from far away.

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Of course but than I feel like I'm always having to explain why I not on Facebook or whatever the dumbs*t social media dumbsh*t it is. Like I'm an alien from far away.

Just tell them you have better things to do with your time.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Just tell them you have better things to do with your time.

Explaining why you don't care for Social Media (no matter how to the point) to someone who likes Social Media is something I dread. I already get in enough trouble for not really wanting to speak with most people. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

Explaining why you don't care for Social Media (no matter how to the point) to someone who likes Social Media is something I dread. I already get in enough trouble for not really wanting to speak with most people. 

You could hire a life coach, and then delegate to them the task of starting a FB page and posting 'hearts' on others' facebook pages. 

If you ever decided to hire a life coach I mean.  You could start a list of reasons, and make that item 1 on the list.

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I feel you, but sometimes it's fun to see the look on someone's expression when you tell them you don't do social media.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, F For Fake said:

I am right there with you. The process of grading should be the same regardless of the age of the age and value of the book. Just seems like a way to gouge people who have money to buy and submit nicer stuff. (I am not one of those people, at least not very often.)

I completely understand your viewpoint on this, but CGC seems to have a completely different stance. By separating the books into different tiers, they can effectively control both value (based on the final grade of the book) and the amount of time it takes to move books through their system. This would explain why some folks are willing to pay much higher prices for onsite grading; they can have their books submitted the night before a show and be selling them by the next day. You might be surprised by how many people take advantage of this, even though the cost is significantly more. Oh well, to each his own...  :whistle: 

22 minutes ago, NoMan said:

You're like me I HATE  personal interaction and I'm considered odd, I just found out at the age of 60 I'm Autistic Dyspraxic and have a personality disorder, well I have been a collector all my life why not go for a full set, oh I also have PTSD. Life's good. :roflmao:     

1 hour ago, grebal said:

You could hire a life coach, and then delegate to them the task of starting a FB page and posting 'hearts' on others' facebook pages. 

If you ever decided to hire a life coach I mean.  You could start a list of reasons, and make that item 1 on the list.

Will you write me in prison once I'm convicted of murder? 

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

CGC lost my lunch. I asked them to put it in the fridge and now it's not there. 

TwoPiece ate it.

1 hour ago, D84 said:
1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I feel you, but sometimes it's fun to see the look on someone's expression when you tell them you don't do social media.

I love being a contrarian.

When I tell people I don't have tattoos, use data (well, I didn't have data till about a year ago) on my phone or watch TV they all think I've grown a 3rd head. lol