• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing, Why reveal?

5 posts in this topic

Sorry if the question has been asked before, but I do have one regarding pressing.

why does it matter much if a book has been pressed and slabbed versus not pressed then slabbed, when buying a book?

is it because for non-pressed books, there’s a slight chance for doing so after then resubmitting for a higher grade? 

I’ve seen a lot of people asking when buying a slab or sellers revealing if it was or not so just curious. 

Thanks

Edited by Asbestos

23 minutes ago, Asbestos said:

Sorry if the question has been asked before, but I do have one regarding pressing.

why does it matter much if a book has been pressed and slabbed versus not pressed then slabbed, when buying a book?

is it because for non-pressed books, there’s a slight chance for doing so after then resubmitting for a higher grade? 

I’ve seen a lot of people asking when buying a slab or sellers revealing if it was or not so just curious. 

Thanks

Some people prefer unpressed books.

But I think the main reason to is the bolded reason above.  Really only matters if you can discern what are pressable defects and what are not.

5 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

Some people prefer unpressed books.

But I think the main reason to is the bolded reason above.  Really only matters if you can discern what are pressable defects and what are not.

Very true and exactly what I figured but just wanted to confirm.

I know some people prefer it not pressed slabs in their collection.

Thanks. 

Step back and observe the feeding frenzy when a major key comes to market in the original, 1st generation label.

Not only is it widely believed that old label comic books were graded stricter than today. Also, since CGC didn’t offer pressing and cleaning services back when, there is a very good chance that comics found within old label slabs most likely did not undergo the procedure, so buyers see them as great pressing candidates! Mind you comics were pressed pre-CGC, even dating back to the days of Pop Hollinger but it was much, much more niche.

Edited by chromium