• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Frazetta Print
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I can't find a lot on this old art print from an Oklahoma comic con. Conan Sketch by Frank Frazetta. If anyone can tell me what the value would be that would be very helpful. Thanks 

The attached picture is a photo I found online that didn't have much info on the piece, I have the same one just a different edition. It looks like it was a commission for this "robert" person that he had made into prints to give away at the con.

lf (28).jpg

23 minutes ago, vodou said:

Found this on CLink from 12/2015 -

RAD2ABD420151027_105659.jpg

Sold for $12,500

Very cool! I have that issue of squatront! 

I’m sure the print isn’t worth very much but it’s nice to know I can maybe put the two together as a set. 

While one can still see the written dedication in the Squa Tront photo from the auction, at some point someone erased "To Bob From" above the Frazetta signature.

23 minutes ago, Retroheavy said:

Yeah, I found this image too, that has the "To Bob" on it.

I'm guessing making prints of commissions today would be heavily frowned upon but he did give them away at the con.

Not heavily frowned upon but a copyright violation. Maybe Frank didn't care or wasn't aware. Or maybe permission was freely given or paid for? Bob's copyright notice on there makes me think he might have done it all aboveboard, otherwise...what is there for Bob to be copyrighting?!

42 minutes ago, vodou said:

Not heavily frowned upon but a copyright violation. Maybe Frank didn't care or wasn't aware. Or maybe permission was freely given or paid for? Bob's copyright notice on there makes me think he might have done it all aboveboard, otherwise...what is there for Bob to be copyrighting?!

or maybe Bob knew sweet eff all about copyright and figured that as the owner of the sketch he had reproduction rights?  Who knows.   Ultimately if he gave them away it would have all been a non issue.   So long ago too