• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

was I unethical...
2 2

89 posts in this topic

A few years back I went in to my LCS and was looking in their $1 box and found 3 Avatar Goon #1 and 3 Avatar Goon #3.  I had been reading on these boards that they were hot, so I said I don't think these belong in the $1 box. At the time I think they may have been a $15 to $25 book and I told them I had read that.   They said "no they belong there"  I asked them in the course of an hour 2 more times if they really wanted them in the $1 box, they said "yes".  They were happy and I was happy.  I can't force someone to charge me more than what they want to.

4 hours ago, Jaylam said:

How many pages are Golden Age books supposed to have and when did 36 pages become the standard?

It varies so you need to do your research.

7 hours ago, thunsicker said:
8 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I had an irate customer return a really nice GA book to me because it was 'missing a page'.

I ended up refunding his money and it turns out the book wasn't missing a page and the customer was wrong.

The book ended up selling for MUCH more than he had paid for it.

Did I owe him the book back?

Yes.

Meh, I disagree.

Let sleeping dogs lie. The guy was irate and I didn't feel like opening a can of worms. I refunded him and was done with it.

55 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Meh, I disagree.

Let sleeping dogs lie. The guy was irate and I didn't feel like opening a can of worms. I refunded him and was done with it.

You owe the purchaser that returned the book nothing. Once you issued a refund, done deal, however, I would like to see the look on his/her face if you ever had the chance to let them know the book officially was not missing any pages and you later sold it for 10X what they originally bought it for.

9 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

You owe the purchaser that returned the book nothing. Once you issued a refund, done deal, however, I would like to see the look on his/her face if you ever had the chance to let them know the book officially was not missing any pages and you later sold it for 10X what they originally bought it for.

but based on others logic it is ones responsibility to protect people from their own ignorance and mistakes!