• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have examples of movies.

9 posts in this topic

I think I see where you're going with this, but I'd change the thread title otherwise people will just start posting obscure film titles (thumbsu

Also, what do you mean by 'not helping the comic book'? In sales? I thought the last Spidey film was awful but I have no idea whether that had any bearing on the comic. And when you say 'didn't help the appearance', what do you mean by 'appearance'?

And who won the FA Cup in 1967?

Basically, what I'm saying is "please start again" :foryou:

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I think I see where you're going with this, but I'd change the thread title otherwise people will just start posting obscure film titles (thumbsu

Also, what do you mean by 'not helping the comic book'? In sales? I thought the last Spidey film was awful but I have no idea whether that had any bearing on the comic. And when you say 'didn't help the appearance', what do you mean by 'appearance'?

And who won the FA Cup in 1967?

Basically, what I'm saying is "please start again" :foryou:

Fackin spurs won it in 67

I think most of the earlier, lower budget films did not help the based-on comic sales, whether currently running or back issues.  Offhand several Indie titles come to mind ("Barb Wire," "Tank Girl," "Mystery Men").  Even with some bigger budgets I don't recall earlier films causing a stampede for the comics or upward price trends ("Catwoman," the Stallone "Judge Dredd" and "MIB" come to mind though the latter was pretty entertaining).  Of course there are all previous FF versions also (Corman, Story and Trank).

It seems more like a present day phenom (and even bigger budgets/publicity) that elicit the speculators to drive up prices