• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you spare a grade? Deciding whether or not to send these in to get that shinny plastic! 

6 posts in this topic

A few random books that I am unsure of their grades, and if it would be worth the time/money. Sorry that my photos poor quality, but any ranges would be helpful. 

Let me know what you think these would be graded at, it would be much appreciated! 

Thank you! 

Scannable Document 5 on Apr 11, 2019 at 12_30_21 AM.JPG

Photos 5 on Apr 15, 2019 at 12_52_55 AM.JPG

IMG_7604.jpeg

Photos 7 on Apr 15, 2019 at 12_52_55 AM.JPG

Edited by Sappho
added tags, edited title

Welcome!

The Tales of the Unexpected issues I would say is a 4.5. Top edge wear, spine wear and corner crease hurt it.

X-Men #68 I will say 3.0. Rough spine, rough edges. Looks to be some staining to top left corner. 

FF Annual #6. Hard to tell what that spine is doing at the bottom. Looks decent. Possibly 4.5-5.0 if that square spine is not split

Iron Man #3 has some spine wear and edge wear also. Likely the best of the bunch, 5.0-5.5

All things said, pics of the backs would help too. If the back covers are rough, it could hurt these estimates. As for whether or not to get them graded, depends on the purpose. If you are looking to sell, I wouldnt waste time with the first two comics. The second two have more value. If you want them for yourself to be protected, go for it. Hope this helps

Please bear in mind that at the very least, these books should have clear pics of the front and back cover in order for us to make a fair assessment. Also, please limit your choice to 1 book per thread and no more than 3 books in a 24 hour period. I would also suggest reading up on all the pertinent information for this forum---it's located under "PGM Guidelines". Thank you!   :foryou:

Given the time and expense of slabbing, the FF Annual is the only one of the four I would remotely consider... and even then, not sure how much value slabbing would add if you are looking to sell it. As per comicginger's suggestion, why don't you post full front & back pics of that one when you can. Cheers!

33 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Please bear in mind that at the very least, these books should have clear pics of the front and back cover in order for us to make a fair assessment. Also, please limit your choice to 1 book per thread and no more than 3 books in a 24 hour period. I would also suggest reading up on all the pertinent information for this forum---it's located under "PGM Guidelines". Thank you!   :foryou:

This!

On 4/15/2019 at 12:48 PM, The Lions Den said:

Thank you, will do! And will keep in mind next time around.