• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about restoration and CCS

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a CGC SS Old man logan sketch variant and there's what I believe staple rusting stains on the both front and back covers.

Question is if CCS cleans it,will it become a restored comic?

Is this my only option as the book is CGC Sig series?

Would personally like to have the best grade on it but wouldn't want to have the restoration label on it.

Thanks for your time

38 minutes ago, KuagiC said:

Hello everyone,

I have a CGC SS Old man logan sketch variant and there's what I believe staple rusting stains on the both front and back covers.

Would personally like to have the best grade on it but wouldn't want to have the restoration label on it.

Thanks for your time

Any chance of a picture(s)?

11 hours ago, KuagiC said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your time

If anyone takes it out of the case to clean it, it should lose its SS.status.

10 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

Not true. If CCS does it the book will retain the SS label.

It should lose its status. That it doesn't is just further evidence of their inconsistency.

What should happen and what does happen are two very different things.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

It should lose its status. That it doesn't is just further evidence of their inconsistency.

What should happen and what does happen are two very different things.

CCS is a subsidiary of CGC. So if CCS cracks open a Signature Series book, it's the same as if CGC does it. Since there is no break in the chain of custody from customer to CCS/CGC, the book would retain the Signature Series label as CGC knows it is still a witnessed signature.

15 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Any chance of a picture(s)?

No pics just yet but if they do manage to remove it,is that considered restoration?or does it depend on what the stain really is

I think the process with which the comic is cleaned is what will determine whether or not restoration occurs (according to CGC).  There are some cleanings that are not considered restoration.

Have you called/emailed CCS customer service and asked them?  They are certainly going to be the experts on their processes and capabilities and services, and have employees that are literally paid to answer your questions.  No matter what answer was given here by random internet strangers, weren't you going to contact CGC/CCS at some point anyways?  Why not ask them directly first?