• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anniversary Special Spider-man

9 posts in this topic

Hi all

Is my 'giant sized 30th Anniversary Special Spectacular Spider-Man'  #189,  Holographic cover comic very special?

What grade would you give this Raw comic just by looking at a scanned high resolution Image of front cover?

I love it anyways so thought it would make an interesting topic to chat about.

Have fun grading it. 764853238_Scan_20190330(5).jpg.01962b58dccec8b9716862671230f9ec.jpg

Special in what way? Is it rare or valuable? No - it's worth about $5. But it could be special to you for other reasons. 

And it's impossible to grade with just a single low-res photo of the cover. You'd need to take more scans with detailed shots and post it in the grading forum. 

15 hours ago, Liza761 said:

total newbie sorry guys I'm useless at what goes where on these forums. lol   :$

No worries. DOllar wise this book has almost no value, you can find it on the bargain bins sometimes, there are two prints for these set of holo cover books (there was also one for Amazing Spider-man, Web of Spider and Spider-man). If your hologram was silver then it is first print, if the hologram is gold then it is second print. 

I wouldn't send it to have it graded unless it carries a huge sentimental value for you.

5 hours ago, Ladic said:

I wouldn't send it to have it graded unless it carries a huge sentimental value for you.

I wouldn't send it in EVEN IF it had sentimental value.  I recently saw a copy of that book in the $0.25 bin at my LCS.  The only one potentially with any value is the ASM anniversary issue as it is the 1st appearance of Spider-Man 2099.  And even then, I'm not slabbing that one.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:06 PM, Liza761 said:

cheers looks like mine is first print as hologram is silver. many thanks for info.:bigsmile:

THIS IS INCORRECT AS IVE NOW DISCOVERED ITS THE GOLD HOLOGRAM 🤭 WHOOPS