• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

OK just saw it a 2nd time in DOLBY surround sound. a couple things became more apparent

1. Why doesn't Capt Marvel just use the damned stones. she is by far the strongest one among them and the most likely to survive using them. She had the glove for long enough to do so.  instead of standing there posing with her gal pals she should put it on and snap thanos and his army out of existence.  OK I get why the writers went the other way on that but why bothe letting her get near it. Thor does try to put it on but Thanos stops him. 

1B. How does capt Marvel know where to return the stones. Plan B in the movie was to have her fly into the ugly brown van to put the stones back but how would she have even known when and where to do so to not totally screw up the timelines?

2. did all of Peter''s classmates get snapped with him? if not then they'd have already graduated by the time Peter returns unless they all just got held back for being dumb. they'd have to or it wouldn't make sense for them all to be in school together.

3. that must also mean that the events in far from home must take place in 2023 vs 2019 or did hulks snap bring them back 5 years as well?  No that doesn't work since Scott Langs daughter is still a teenager.

4. how is it that Thanos can not only stop storm breaker but also weild it and mjolnir during his battle with THOR and cap before he has the stones?  I thought only the worthy could weild it or influence it's trajectory. I get that he is a little stronger than hulk but even hulk couldn't make it budge.

5. capt Marvels new haircut screams her sexual orientation. so much for ambiguity.

I get that it's just a movie but those are some big unanswered questions.

Lastly, I think capt America just lived out his life in the past and walked to the nearby bench vs time jumping after Carter dies. this means there are now 2 timelines.

Edited by justafan

1 hour ago, justafan said:

OK just saw it a 2nd time in DOLBY surround sound. a couple things became more apparent

1. Why doesn't Capt Marvel just use the damned stones. she is by far the strongest one among them and the most likely to survive using them. She had the glove for long enough to do so.  instead of standing there posing with her gal pals she should put it on and snap thanos and his army out of existence.  OK I get why the writers went the other way on that but why bothe letting her get near it. Thor does try to put it on but Thanos stops him. 

1B. How does capt Marvel know where to return the stones. Plan B in the movie was to have her fly into the ugly brown van to put the stones back but how would she have even known when and where to do so to not totally screw up the timelines?

2. did all of Peter''s classmates get snapped with him? if not then they'd have already graduated by the time Peter returns unless they all just got held back for being dumb. they'd have to or it wouldn't make sense for them all to be in school together.

3. that must also mean that the events in far from home must take place in 2023 vs 2019 or did hulks snap bring them back 5 years as well?  No that doesn't work since Scott Langs daughter is still a teenager.

4. how is it that Thanos can not only stop storm breaker but also weild it and mjolnir during his battle with THOR and cap before he has the stones?  I thought only the worthy could weild it or influence it's trajectory. I get that he is a little stronger than hulk but even hulk couldn't make it budge.

5. capt Marvels new haircut screams her sexual orientation. so much for ambiguity.

I get that it's just a movie but those are some big unanswered questions.

Lastly, I think capt America just lived out his life in the past and walked to the nearby bench vs time jumping after Carter dies. this means there are now 2 timelines.

Thanos doesn't wield Mjolnir at any point.  He's able to hold and use Stormbreaker because it's not imbued with the same enchantment as Mjolnir with regards to worthiness.

If the next Spidey film doesn’t address the more practical implications of the 5 year time jump and half of Peter’s class having aged out and half popped back into school, but parents and families shattered for the 5 year loss of hall the world - fanboys are going to howl. This one plot point may be the one that the Russo brothers regret unless they have a very clever way of dealing with it. You don’t just have 4 billion people and every other living organisms just pop back into existence-  there would be massive famine and all sorts of shiortages, massive unemployment- the more you think it through the dumber and more implausible it gets.

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

If the next Spidey film doesn’t address the more practical implications of the 5 year time jump and half of Peter’s class having aged out and half popped back into school, but parents and families shattered for the 5 year loss of hall the world - fanboys are going to howl. This one plot point may be the one that the Russo brothers regret unless they have a very clever way of dealing with it. You don’t just have 4 billion people and every other living organisms just pop back into existence-  there would be massive famine and all sorts of shiortages, massive unemployment- the more you think it through the dumber and more implausible it gets.

Noted a few times, but ended up buried because there are really so many items to discuss with this film.

I agree, it would be a massive shock to many parts of societies if this occurred. Including after 5 years those that had lost a marital or relationship parterner, and then that person just reappears.

'Suspending disbelief' is reasonable. Up to a certain point.

16 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Back on-topic:

I'm gonna see if I can squeeze out some tickets to see it at least a 4th time this weekend.

Why so many times?

Did you enjoy it that much?

I mean it's an amazing movie,although I would have much rather they fight Thanos after he acquired the infinity stones and committed holocaust rather than the Thanos before acquisition.

I just dont think I would see it 4 times in the first week it was out.

I could take that other $80.00 and buy a bulk of single issues on Ebay or something.

Just saying.

55 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Why so many times?

Did you enjoy it that much?

I mean it's an amazing movie,although I would have much rather they fight Thanos after he acquired the infinity stones and committed holocaust rather than the Thanos before acquisition.

I just dont think I would see it 4 times in the first week it was out.

I could take that other $80.00 and buy a bulk of single issues on Ebay or something.

Just saying.

That's not what happened.

Experiences > possessions.

4 hours ago, justafan said:

...1. Why doesn't Capt Marvel just use the damned stones. she is by far the strongest one among them and the most likely to survive using them. She had the glove for long enough to do so.  instead of standing there posing with her gal pals she should put it on and snap thanos and his army out of existence.  OK I get why the writers went the other way on that but why bothe letting her get near it. Thor does try to put it on but Thanos stops him. 

5. capt Marvels new haircut screams her sexual orientation. so much for ambiguity...

1A. Captain Marvel is not strongest among them. She also has close-to no experience (Tesseract aside) with the Infinity Stones and doesn't know how they work. Thor does not attempt to put the Stark Gauntlet on at any time during Act 3.

1B. She doesn't. She was trying to bring the Gauntlet to the Quantum Tunnel for Ant-Man.

2. This will be explained in Far From Home.

3. As far as we know, yes, Far From Home takes place in 2023.

4. As @ExNihilo has said - Thanos does not wield Mjolnir at any point. Stormbreaker does not have the Odinforce of "worthiness" imbued in it. As an aside - Cap can wield Stormbreaker because he possessed "the power of Thor" after he lifted Mjolnir.

5. Yes.

5 hours ago, justafan said:

. that must also mean that the events in far from home must take place in 2023 vs 2019 or did hulks snap bring them back 5 years as well?  No that doesn't work since Scott Langs daughter is still a teenager.

As the Spider-Man movies seem to be lighter fare, Far From Home will probably touch on it briefly, then move on. Since the next two movies in 2020, Black Widow and The Eternals, are supposed to take place in the past, maybe Marvel will have the movies lag in real time to catch up to 2023? And for the next few adventures, say Falcon and Bucky or the next Doctor Strange, I don't think it'll be a big deal to take place in the near future until we're all caught up with the 5 year difference.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

As the Spider-Man movies seem to be lighter fare, Far From Home will probably touch on it briefly, then move on. Since the next two movies in 2020, Black Widow and The Eternals, are supposed to take place in the past, maybe Marvel will have the movies lag in real time to catch up to 2023? And for the next few adventures, say Falcon and Bucky or the next Doctor Strange, I don't think it'll be a big deal to take place in the near future until we're all caught up with the 5 year difference.

Ugh, that’s sounds like a cop out to me- just ignore the ramifications of the 5 year effect. Remember how devastating the snap was as portrayed in the IG after credits screen with Fury, and cars wrecking, planes crashing - imagine all the related deaths that occurred with pilots winking out, mothers driving kids to school, etc, etc. Then they just reappear? When Hulk brought everyone back into the 5YL present they deliberately downplayed the effect, didn’t show a single person reappear- just a few birds outside the Avengers compound. Both Tony and Hulk wielded the Infinity Gauntlet and with a thought could have corrected everything- or had the heroes reappear right there, or cured cancer, anything - the suspension of disbelief does have its limits - the 5 year thing just seems like a sloppy plot point.

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

3 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Ugh, that’s sounds like a cop out to me- just ignore the ramifications of the 5 year effect. Remember how devastating the snap was as portrayed in the IG after credits screen with Fury, and cars wrecking, planes crashing - imagine all the related deaths that occurred with pilots winking out, mothers driving kids to school, etc, etc. Then they just reappear? When Hulk brought everyone back into the 5YL present they deliberately downplayed the effect, didn’t show a single person reappear- just a few birds outside the Avengers compound. Both Tony and Hulk wielded the Infinity Gauntlet and with a thought corrected everything- or had the heroes reappear right there, or cured cancer, anything - the suspension of disbelief does have its limits - the 5 year thing just seems like a sloppy plot point.

Maybe Spider-Man Far From Home will deal with it more seriously, I don't know, it was just a guess. But Spider-Man Homecoming never got too serious, almost like a Disney teen movie, so it's an educated guess. 

I did like the subtle approach in Endgame though, when Hulk brought everything back. I liked the first indication of something being different was sunlight shining through the window and birdsong, followed by a phone call.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:52 PM, ExNihilo said:

It's still not too late to cast her in some other role.  I don't know which, but I like her enough that I would be happy to have her in the Marvel family.

She could always become the blonde Black Widow from Vol 1

Image result for black widow volume 1