• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

I didn't see this addressed, apologies if it was. So 5 years post snap Hulk brings every one back, the big battle takes place and all is well with the world and we see Peter Parker return to school to greet Ned. So we assume Ned was also gone for 5 years and they are in school with half of their old class from 5 years ago and are expected to just start right back in school where they left off? This will be interesting to see if it was addressed. Or is Far from home going to be place after homecoming but before Endgame? I read that Mysterio entered by a hole in our dimension created after the snap?? FFH Trailer shows he is with all his friends from Homecoming so did they all disappear too?? Ugh I'm having trouble straitening out this detail...

20 minutes ago, DarthRawn said:

I didn't see this addressed, apologies if it was. So 5 years post snap Hulk brings every one back, the big battle takes place and all is well with the world and we see Peter Parker return to school to greet Ned. So we assume Ned was also gone for 5 years and they are in school with half of their old class from 5 years ago and are expected to just start right back in school where they left off? This will be interesting to see if it was addressed. Or is Far from home going to be place after homecoming but before Endgame? I read that Mysterio entered by a hole in our dimension created after the snap?? FFH Trailer shows he is with all his friends from Homecoming so did they all disappear too?? Ugh I'm having trouble straitening out this detail...

Sounds like you need to check out the new Far From Home Trailer :) it should answer your main question.

As for Endgame, a few things that bugged me:

1. I hate time travel. Rarely is it explained in a way that makes sense and this movie is no exception. Too many plot holes and problems. Too many random things left hanging. It’s not enough to ruin the movie for me but it still annoys me. If someone wants to take the time to explain this to me I’m all ears.

2. Black Widows death also was a nothing moment for me. My thought was that to get the soul stone you needed to exchange the soul of someone you you cared for the most (did I misremember what was explained to Thanos in Infinity War?). So Black Widow just sacrificing herself didn’t make sense unless it was literally just exchanging any soul. If so why didn’t Thanos take any lackey and chuck them into the void in exchange for the gem.

3. Thor. I hate him as a character now. Maybe others like him but ever since they made him a hunourous goofball in Ragnarok I have hated his character. I get that they went the high fantasy route and failed with Dark World but I just think that is more his style, not this joking Guardians of Galaxy style character he has become annoys me.

4. The characters that came back after Hulk snapped all seemed to remember what happened. Do they just appear back in the world and readjust to the current world? Or is the world still in shambles just everyone is back now? When Ant Man or whoever looks outside it looks nice outside. It’s all very confusing.....

15 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So then wouldn't Bruce have seen Natasha in the Soul Stone then, just as Thanos saw young Gamora in the Stone in Infinity War? That might've been a good scene, or at least, a good moment.

I think they purposefully had the Stark Gauntlet immediately eject from Hulk's hand, after his snap, to avoid this.

'Cause I was wondering the same thing about what the Soul Stone might show him.

13 hours ago, 234wallst said:

In my mind, any of Nick Fury's direct recruits is an Avenger, including Carol.

I would agree, if Nick Fury was still the Director of SHIELD, and the Avengers Initiative.

He's not calling the shots for either group, anymore, so it's basically Stark who decided the Avengers.

11 hours ago, Marwai said:

Fury named the Avengers Initiative after Captain Carol "Avenger" Danvers.  Of course she's not an Avenger.  That movie don't count, because I don't like it...

I warned you guys in the Captain Marvel thread that she would be in this movie and would ruin it, but you still had to buy tickets for multiple viewings over multiple weekends instead of catching up on Spaghetti Westerns.     

Just because her call sign was "Avenger", doesn't mean she's a member of the group Avengers. My call sign could be "Metallica Guitarist". Doesn't mean I'm a member of Metallica.

Captain Marvel didn't ruin Endgame. At all. Thank the Russo Bros.

Interesting theory.

When the second trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home dropped earlier this morning, fans were surprised to see it introduce the concept of a multiverse to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In the trailer itself, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) mentions that a tear in space happened as a direct result of The Snap in Avengers: Infinity War. Now that we've seen Avengers: Endgame, we know that there's another way other realities can be created.

In the discussion between Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton), the Sorcerer Supreme is sure to mention that if the Infinity Stones are taken from the past and not returned to their exact moment in time, a new reality will split off from the main timeline. As you may recall, Cap was the one trusted to return the Infinity Stones to their right moment in time. Do you see where this is going yet?

Somewhere along the way, it's entirely possible Steve Rogers may have gone bad. After all, to return all stones he would have had to make the trek to Vormir and encounter his archnemesis in the Stonekeeper/Red Skull (Ross Marquand). Or it's entirely possible that someone found out about his mission through time and used the Mind Stone to corrupt him, much like how Loki (Tom Hiddleston) used it in The Avengers. Either way, HYDRA getting their hands on at least one of Infinity Stones and preventing its return to its rightful place in time would have caused an all-new reality, as per the warnings from the Ancient One herself.

But then would Steve Rogers be able to lift Mjolnir if he was part of a Hydra scheme to trick the Avengers and disrupt the universe?

Oddly enough, throughout The Winter Soldier movie, did Cap ever observe a Hydra agent whispering the safety greeting 'Hail Hydra' to know this was required to make them stand down?

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Interesting theory.

But then would Steve Rogers be able to lift Mjolnir if he was part of a Hydra scheme to trick the Avengers and disrupt the universe?

Oddly enough, throughout The Winter Soldier movie, did Cap ever observe a Hydra agent whispering the safety greeting 'Hail Hydra' to know this was required to make them stand down?

Romanoff revealed all of Hydra's secrets at the end of The Winter Soldier. Their whisper secret was probably revealed then.

24 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Romanoff revealed all of Hydra's secrets at the end of The Winter Soldier. Their whisper secret was probably revealed then.

I can go with that. Some secret file or more that noted Hydra agents greet each other like that.

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/447249-the-russo-bros-reveal-avengers-endgames-original-title

Sorry if this is old news, but "Endgame" was "Inifinty Gauntlet" for quite some time...according to Russo Bros...

Infinity Gauntlet was the working title once they decided to separate the idea of "Part 1 and Part 2". It was never intended to be the real movie title. Which is why Zoe Saldana called it that in-interview.

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/447249-the-russo-bros-reveal-avengers-endgames-original-title

Sorry if this is old news, but "Endgame" was "Inifinty Gauntlet" for quite some time...according to Russo Bros...

hm

@TwoPiece had it from solid sources this was not true. Meanwhile, in my research at Disneyworld I was informed otherwise.

ENDGAME01.PNG.9e9511fb19f5138d99f106c5c828b510.PNG

(:

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Infinity Gauntlet was the working title once they decided to separate the idea of "Part 1 and Part 2". It was never intended to be the real movie title. Which is why Zoe Saldana called it that in-interview.

Stick with that belief.

emotion01.gif.c63cb1838304ffe85843930bc36e628c.gif

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Stick with that belief.

emotion01.gif.c63cb1838304ffe85843930bc36e628c.gif

its da troof

Why would they call Endgame "Infinity Gauntlet" when the Infinity Gauntlet makes an appearance for like 45 seconds of screen time?

Pretty sure it was revealed a loooooooooong time ago that this was the "working title". I guess I can search it up since I'm on lunch ATM.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

its da troof

Why would they call Endgame "Infinity Gauntlet" when the Infinity Gauntlet makes an appearance for like 45 seconds of screen time?

Pretty sure it was revealed a loooooooooong time ago that this was the "working title". I guess I can search it up since I'm on lunch ATM.

I'm not sure about this 'troof theory' but I'm just having fun with you, and don't really care.:roflmao::insane:

But you do. :foryou:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm not sure about this 'troof theory' but I'm just having fun with you, and don't really care.:roflmao::insane:

But you do. :foryou:

I will defend the truth at all costs. Truth, justice, and the American way. I'm Superman!