• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

Im conflicted ...A part of me really likes cap staying the line and growing old afraid to tamper with the timeline ... but I also feel it’s out of character for him ... Cap always stood for what’s right ... the greater good . I don’t see him sitting idly around until 2023 . But I digress .

10 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Im conflicted ...A part of me really likes cap staying the line and growing old afraid to tamper with the timeline ... but I also feel it’s out of character for him ... Cap always stood for what’s right ... the greater good . I don’t see him sitting idly around until 2023 . But I digress .

Right now with all the early release glamour, some will ignore the plot holes and character decisions that don't seem to flow with the MCU lore.

But it is interesting if this was any other studio, they'd be picking apart 'not what CHARACTER X would do' or 'man, the plot holes in this film'. Disney hypnotism works on us all.

emotion01.gif.1d456dda992dafb871506763e2a3b9f9.gif

11 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So easy. He went back to a time in the past before the shield was broken by Thanos, which was any point in time in the past. My question is whatever time he went back to, how did he solve the two Steve Rogers issue? Did one of them have to die like in The Prestige?

If he takes it from anytime, then he’s created an alternate timeline from that point forward

Edited by sd2416

28 minutes ago, sd2416 said:

If he takes it from anytime, then she’s created an alternate timeline from that point forward

That's part of the challenge the MCU just created for itself in removing key objects from other timelines, which then gets dismissed as 'simple' to explain.

EX: Thor's hammer removed from the earlier timeline has an impact as now Thor in that timeline (Thor: The Dark World) has no hammer to defend against the Dark Elves when they attack Asgard.

And with Cap in the end giving up all he sacrificed which is what made his character so emotional and sympathetic is all wiped away. And what about all his contributions over the years which protected the World from Hydra, Ultron and even Loki if he decides to take advantage of no Thanos existing?

And what about Sharon Carter?

So her and Cap exchange a passionate kiss farewell at the end of Civil War, and he runs back to Aunt Peggy? You would think after Endgame he would come back to Sharon to finally live out his remaining days.

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/26/2019 at 3:38 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 4/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, Bird said:

Who is the young man standing by himself at the funeral scene

The kid from Iron Man 3. Not the kid from Iron Man 2 that Feige tried to hint was Peter Parker.

I wanted to know this as well I didn't recognize him. Same kid right at the very back and looked pretty tall?

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:
17 hours ago, 40sJohn said:

1.  Was not a big fan of the BannerHulk.  It was borderline goofy to me.

2. I really expected Thor to be a bigger part of this story.  Not happy that they never put him back to peak form to take on Thanos.

Agreed.  I may have been a bigger fan of Professor Hulk if they explained it more. As for Thor, see my previous comment.

I did love the homage to Secret Wars #4 :banana:

bob-layton-secret-wars-no-4-cover-hulk-and-captain-america_a-L-13755229-13198931.jpg

That's Exactly what I thought when I saw it.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Right now with all the early release glamour, some will ignore the plot holes and character decisions that don't seem to flow with the MCU lore.

But it is interesting if this was any other studio, they'd be picking apart 'not what CHARACTER X would do' or 'man, the plot holes in this film'. Disney hypnotism works on us all.

emotion01.gif.1d456dda992dafb871506763e2a3b9f9.gif

they'll get it all fixed for you on the directors' cut, buddy---hang on it there!

31 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That's part of the challenge the MCU just created for itself in removing key objects from other timelines, which then gets dismissed as 'simple' to explain.

EX: Thor's hammer removed from the earlier timeline has an impact as now Thor in that timeline (Thor: The Dark World) has no hammer to defend against the Dark Elves when they attack Asgard.

I think the idea is that Cap travels back to that Thor timeline, right after Fat Thor leaves with Molnjir, and replaces it.  So, in that timeline, it’s never really left Asgard.

8 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I think the idea is that Cap travels back to that Thor timeline, right after Fat Thor leaves with Molnjir, and replaces it.  So, in that timeline, it’s never really left Asgard.

Now, how would they time it just right to ensure there was no disruption?

Even Thor was surprised at what point they were back in Asgard when he saw his mother and Jane. So to set this up where they have perfected how to insert an object before the critical point it is needed hasn't been worked out yet. The Avengers were too busy trying to deal with Old Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

2 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

Didn't Howard Stark present Cap with the shield and say we made a few of these? If so Steve could have took one of the extras and gave it to Sam and it wouldn't affect the timeline 

It's a fair point. Because even at the end of Iron Man II we see Tony has a shield sitting in his lab, half constructed.

But actually, Howard makes it clear this shield is the only one due to the rarity of Vibranium.

1.  Question: Did Cap "come back" via time travel, or did he just "live it out" knowing where to be to hand off the shield to Falcon? That time line above suggests he time travels back, but I think he lives 70 years in the main timeline and then just strolls on upto the bench and sits down at that moment. 

Shouldn't Cap staying in the past create an alternative time line such that he simply couldn't wait 70 years to meet them like that?

Just now, csaag said:
  1.  Question: Did Cap "come back" via time travel, or did he just "live it out" knowing where to be to hand off the shield to Falcon? That time line above suggests he time travels back, but I think he lives 70 years in the main timeline and then just strolls on upto the bench and sits down at that moment. 

Shouldn't Cap staying in the past create an alternative time line such that he simply couldn't wait 70 years to meet them like that?

I think he lived out his natural life from the statements he made about following Tony's advice getting that good life. So this was him timing when to be present so he could present Sam with the shield.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Now, how would they time it just right to ensure there was no disruption?

Even Thor was surprised at what point they were back in Asgard when he saw his mother and Jane. So to set this up where they have perfected how to insert an object before the critical point it is needed hasn't been worked out yet. The Avengers were too busy trying to deal with Old Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

Stark had made the “time travel GPS” wristbands. 

And Banner talked earlier in the movie about time travel and how the “butterfly effect” (he didn’t use that term) wasn’t really in play.  

I dunno.  It’s comic books.

1 minute ago, chrisco37 said:

Stark had made the “time travel GPS” wristbands. 

And Banner talked earlier in the movie about time travel and how the “butterfly effect” (he didn’t use that term) wasn’t really in play.  

I dunno.  It’s comic books.

No, it's MCU films. They're different. :baiting::insane:

Still, it demonstrates how time travel can be such a tricky plot point, and why other franchises have been questioned excessively when using them.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

No, it's MCU films. They're different. :baiting::insane:

Still, it demonstrates how time travel can be such a tricky plot point, and why other franchises have been questioned excessively when using them.

mcu probably has a "question away" attitude, or they should--may make people go back for more looks to get answers [or even fail to get answers] to said questions.